Contribute
Register

Guide: Update OS X Mavericks to OS X Yosemite Using UniBeast and MultiBeast

Just boot from the BIOS and NOT from Unibeast. Select the USB drive in your BIOS and everything should work fine.

Got me around the mach_kernel error

This is what I did, but I still have the same problem:
I've selected from BIOS to boot from USB as primary, then I get the unibeast menu to choose between USB or my Mac OS HDD, I choose USB, then the booting image appears (the apple with a process bar loading) and when the process bar reach a quarter the monitor turns off and there's no video signal... So, what should I do?

EDIT: Solved! I boot with -v flag and the monitor stays ON :D

Thank you so much for this update. I installed my version without problems.
Except one thing: I cannot sign into iCloud. Which wouldn't be a problem but it is required in order to install some apps and updates.

I am pretty sure I am entering my password correct. This is my set up:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...osvks-ga-z87mx-d3h-i7-4770k-osx-10-8-5-a.html

I guess this is related to the problem with iMessage. Unfortunately this has expanded now to other areas, like AppStore and other iCloud related apps. Any advice would be very appreciated.

Thank you!

Carlos.

Whenever I try this, the boot from USB fails. In verbose mode it'll hang and restart at some sort of ipod driver.
I've done Legacy USB, Laptop, Both, and None in the Unibeast options. A restart (Or hang) every time.
I'm upgrading from an already installed Mavericks on an AMD FX series processor. Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2P
Any suggestions?

I installed Clover and iCloud works now. :)

Thank you so much for this update. I installed my version without problems.
Except one thing: I cannot sign into iCloud. Which wouldn't be a problem but it is required in order to install some apps and updates.

I am pretty sure I am entering my password correct. This is my set up:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...osvks-ga-z87mx-d3h-i7-4770k-osx-10-8-5-a.html

I guess this is related to the problem with iMessage. Unfortunately this has expanded now to other areas, like AppStore and other iCloud related apps. Any advice would be very appreciated.

Thank you!

Carlos.

Is there anything additional I should be doing if I'm upgrading directly from 10.6.8?

Gershy i got into the Installer by booting with -v -x -f and it booted into the installer I'm installing doing a fresh install tho :headbang::thumbup:

Hi guys

I am still getting the "can't find mac kernel" error

I have followed the instructions to the T.

i dont know how to do the above.... -v -x -f thing... could somebody explain this please.

thank you

I'm getting an error = 107 Malformed bundle for KeynoteConverterXPCService32.xpc, PagesConverterXPCService32.xpc and NumberConverterXPCService32.xpc; is there anything specific I should be doing here?

Please what caused these Panics and how can I rectify the problems?

See attached images.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Panic_2.jpg
    Panic_2.jpg
    330.3 KB · Views: 230
  • Panic_1.jpg
    Panic_1.jpg
    338.3 KB · Views: 227
Do we use the same exact steps to upgrade from Mountain Lion to Yosemite or would anything have to be done differently?

Back