Contribute
Register

Guide: Update OS X Mavericks to OS X Yosemite Using UniBeast and MultiBeast

Thanks.. followed your instruction. Did not work.
Also got me a brand new USB stick and still the same result.
Once the monitor get grey and the logo appears it stops.

I don't really think it has to do with the installed Os, I also tried an empty harddrive. Still it stops...

Checked the BIOS, all ok, all in the way it should and latest update.

have you tried to boot with the graphics card? Also, I have had luck doing clean installs. Then taking the HDD out of the computer and ran MB using another computer (HDD enclosure) then reinserting in the computer and seeing if it starts. If you had the computer up and running with 10.8.5 you can always carbon copy that back on your HDD and then try the update method as per the tonymac instructions. You have to be careful not to install TRIM until you disable the necessary settings using Trim Enabler.

Yes I know that. When installing Lion it was one of the tricks I used. Mavericks however was so easy to install, never had problem to type in any extras. So Yosemite is so much more of fumble. I mean why is not even the installer running?
I tried nearly everything, like choosing different USB post, with or without hard drive, checked Bios settings, used different USB sticks, none did even get me closer. It can't be the hardware, mavericks runs fine on it..
Other people where successful with same hardware.

Forgot to delete this when updating:
107204d1413557695-guide-update-os-x-mavericks-os-x-yosemite-using-unibeast-multibeast-screen-shot-2014-10-17-10.54.34-am.png

And installed Yosemite from UniBeast but when to boot it again from UniBeast I get 1/4 of the way through the bar and I get panic. Thats when I boot with: /System/Library/Kernels/kernel.

If I dont boot with flags I just get missing mach.kernel or is it kernel.mach. Either one I'm missing it and it wont boot please HELP!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I managed to boot with -f
i think the

Code:
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
    <string>kext-dev-mode=1</string>

Is giving the panic. Anyways not nearly as stable as mavericks.

if u can boot with the -f flag it maybe a kernel cache issue(turn usekernelcahe to no)

Hi I got same issue. Please share if solved. Thanks

When using UniBeast to boot up from USB, I have the error extracting from package "AdditionalSpeechVoice.pkg"
I am using UniBeast 5.02, motherboard Asus P7P55D LE
Could you help how to solve this?
Thanks!

Just boot from the BIOS and NOT from Unibeast. Select the USB drive in your BIOS and everything should work fine.

Got me around the mach_kernel error

Back