Contribute
Register

Guide: Update OS X Mavericks to OS X Yosemite Using UniBeast and MultiBeast

For the record also tried the below with NO success:

Petes-Mac-Pro-2:~ petegonzalez$ sudo kextcache -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions
Password:
kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/RealtekRTL81xx.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/PowerGadgetDriver.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/JMicronATA.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext GenericUSBXHCI.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext
kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/EvOreboot.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/BoomDevice.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/BJUSBLoad.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFF

I just used the latest unibeast and did upgrade to Yosemite with same results, still unable to boot independently from HDD. Only successful using USB all works with the exception of the expected (iMessage).

Are there any logs which will assist in determining the condition or fix?

Thanks,

Dali

I just used the latest unibeast and did upgrade to Yosemite with same results, still unable to boot independently from HDD. Only successful using USB all works with the exception of the expected (iMessage).

Are there any logs which will assist in determining the condition or fix?

Thanks,

Dali

Ok, finally I could put this to rest.

Make sure this the /Extra directory has none other than org.chameleon.Boot.plist-In my case I had a org.org.chameleon.Boot.plist and a old.org.chameleon.Boot.plist. A unix practice of backing up my file before anything, Also make sure your modules folder is clean of any renamed files.

Petes-Mac-Pro-2:modules petegonzalez$ ls
FileNVRAM.dylib HDAEnabler.dylib Keylayout.dylib
Petes-Mac-Pro-2:modules petegonzalez$

Rebooted off the HDD successfully.

Now waiting for any new iMessage developments to fix iMessage.

Hope this helps another one attempting to find a resolution to the HDD concern.

-Dali

Followed and only thing I get is a Flash of the Apple Logo when I boot USB with any triggers. Odd thing is on USB icon is not Yosemite icon, it is a generic USB picture. Maverick works great with no issues..... Help!!
1. Mother board GA-B75M-D3H
2. INTEL i3 BX80637i33225
3. CORSAIR 2X4GB DDR3 1600MHZ
4. EVGA GEFORCE GT 640 2048MB 02G-P4-2643-KR
5. SANDISK SDSSDX-240G-G25
6. TP-LINK TL-WDN4800

I followed the steps and updated to Yosemite. Managed to run MB but after restarting I keep getting stuck at the screen with the apple and the loading line. I booted into verbose mode so I have attached a picture with what I get if someone can help me. Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    780.1 KB · Views: 217
Audio out from FaceTime is not working. All else is fine. Audio input works.

I can see my voice being picked up by the mic and on the sound input level in Sound preferences my voice is being picked up just fine. But the audio never leaves the computer. No one I connect with via FaceTime is able to hear me. I'm afraid I haven't a clue why.

If anyone has a suggestion or solution I would appreciate the help.

Here's how I got around the "can't find; mach_kernel" error.
I followed the steps in this guide and still got the error. My problem was that there are two ways to boot from your usb:

1. let chimera load, press any key to bring up the device list, and choose usb.
This resulted in the error

2. press F12 before Chimera loads to bring up the boot menu and choose usb or in my case PMAP.
Using the bios boot menu instead of the chimera boot menu allowed me to boot to the installer without any trouble.

Hope this helps someone!

Dude you are my HERO!!! I've been sitting here for hours trying to figure that out!

Ok, so that was a painful install. I found most of what I needed to fix by reading the other comments. However now I am stuck with this, and I don't see anyone else with this problem. Ideas?

It says: "Your device or computer could not be verified. Contact support for assistance"

Screen Shot 2014-11-12 at 9.10.31 PM.png

#10 on this post solved the problem for me, thanks!
http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/1...support-assistance-plz-help-2.html#post921341

Last edited:
i followed the process, but once i get to the select a hard drive portion my hard drive does not show up. i dont want to reformat the hd because it has my current setup on it with Mavericks which worked fine, still does. im writing this from it right now. PLEASE HELP!!!

I have a Hackintosh (I got it from my brother so I didn't build it) that has OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) on it at the current time. Is it possible to use the same procedure to upgrade it from 10.6 to 10.10?

Thanks.

How to install Os x on hp Pavilion 15-n224tu

Back