Contribute
Register

Guide: Update OS X Mavericks to OS X Yosemite Using UniBeast and MultiBeast

I''m having problems to boot after installation. I was able to install with bootflags -f -v- -x but after running multibeast with all the options shown in the guide(I have tried only the options shown in he guide and those options with kexts for audio and etherent) and I cannot boot, the loading bar goes to halfway and stays there, the only way to boot Yosemite is with boot flag -x(and the booting is slow compared with Mavericks)

I had a working Mavericks in my system and was booting fine and fast. The instructions to install were very straight forward in the following;
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...nstall-10-9-asus-p8z77-v-pro-succecssful.html

In verbose mode (-v) the last lines I see when the system hangs are:
68.584756: ATHR: unknown locale: 21
considerRebuildOfPrelinkedKernel com.apple.kext.OSvKernDSPLib triggered rebuild

Note: I have tried the update instructions and the clean installation and I get the same result(stuck ath halfway the loading bar) on both procedures

My build:
Asus P8Z77-V (no virtualization and boot from other OS)
I7-3770
Asus Radeon HD7870
16GB Kingston RAM
120GB Intel SSD 530 Series

Chimera boots, hard drive progress bar counts off the delay time, screen turns gray. A message appears in white text in the upper left corner: An error has occurred during startup. Pause for 5 seconds.

Then it starts up just fine. What could this error be? I assume it's generated by the boot loader?

Steve

Solution Found: http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-h...up-computer-pausing-5-seconds.html#post791603.

type on terminal
sudo systemsetup -setkernelbootarchitecture i386
Hit ENTER
Fix permissions [use Disk Utility] REBOOT
THAT's ALL

6 series mother board. I understand that i need to roll back AppleACPIPlatform.kext to the 10.9.5 in MB.

The issue is that I am stuck at apple logo and progress bar that does not fill up. I can not boot to desktop to run MB.

wat do?

Anyone know how to fix this? Getting this load screen that stops at halfway and won't continue. It's like this for the regular Yosemite install as well as the USB. I got into Yosemite once, installed some multi beast settings, restarted, then this started happening...aaaahhhhh:confused:
image.jpg

6 series mother board. I understand that i need to roll back AppleACPIPlatform.kext to the 10.9.5 in MB.

The issue is that I am stuck at apple logo and progress bar that does not fill up. I can not boot to desktop to run MB.

wat do?

-v -f -x got me into 10.10
running MB now

GA-Z68XP-UD3
I7-2600k
XFX HD 6870

Followed the guide, installed over Mavericks - Success!!

Hump #1 [PCI Configuration starting... ] stuck
Solution: Remember to check
Drivers -> System -> AppleACPIPlatform Rollback > 10.9.5 AppleACPIPlatform Rollback

Hump # 2 Audio Not working
Solution: Install AL889 from MultiBeast 6.1.0 (NOT THE LATEST MULTIBEAST). Look under Downloads Archive. All Credits to davidhyde18 post.

But got one last problem to solve - slow boot time...

GA-Z87-HD3 Users do not install the third party sata drivers from multibeast. You'll be stuck with register_decmpfs_decompressor 2 CMP_Type7 in an infinite loop.

If multibeast installation after install is extremely slow repair permissions before reboot.

GA-Z87-HD3 Users do not install the third party sata drivers from multibeast. You'll be stuck with register_decmpfs_decompressor 2 CMP_Type7 in an infinite loop.

If multibeast installation after install is extremely slow repair permissions before reboot.

i have the z87-hd3?? what sata driver??? i didnt see any!

For anyone installing with Z87X-UD4H and GTX 770, and getting the deadbeef panic, I had to remove the GTX 770, 1 stick of ram, and booted installer with "maxmem=4096" to get the installer to boot/complete. Upgraded from 10.9.5

Alright, so I got the USB to boot using F12, etc, and got Yosemite installer to run. But now when I try to boot back into the disk I installed Yosemite on I am getting the "can't find /mach_kernel" error.

What do I do at this point? Sounded like most people were fine if they got the installer to run.

UPDATE: Whoops, nevermind. I had tried booting from USB again after install but was selecting USB again instead of my boot disk. Working now!

Back