Contribute
Register

Guide: Update OS X Mavericks to OS X Yosemite Using UniBeast and MultiBeast

Everything worked perfectly for me by following this guide! Many thanks!

When i boot from SSD i have this error
"No /mach_kernel found" or something similar...
How can i fix it?

App store and iCloud aren't working now :( please someone help me

Gigabyte Z87x OC Force
i7 4790K
16GB RAM
Gigabyte R9 280x OC

EDIT: "Errors encountered while starting up the computer" "Pausing 5 seconds..." during the boot.
After that i have the login screen and this error when i log...

No solutions for my problem?

After many issues, it all worked out ! But I admit that I dove into it a little to quickly and wasted a lot of time doing things that didn't prove to be helpful at all !

My gear :
Asus p8z77-v-lx
Core i5 3570K
Corsair VENGEANCE 2 x 4 Go DDR3 PC12800 CAS 9 LP
Intel 330 "Maple Crest" - 180 Go SSD Drive
Sapphire Radeon HD 7750 - 1 Go

A little summary of problems met and how I solved them for those who share the same config :

• If you're already on maverick, upgrading works better than doing a Yosemite clean install with Time Machine document recovery. It takes A LOT longer and led to many bugs
  • After running the installer, remember to boot on the USB key, select the drive you installed / updated yosemite on, and boot with -x -v flags. normal boot on the drive will fail until you do the following steps :

1. run multibeast with easy beast, kext-dev-mode=1, Basic Options Boot, and untick UseKernelCache.
    for those who may be asking, audio driver is ALC887/Current and Ethernet is RealtekRTL8111 v1.2.2.
  2. install bootloader to EFI partition following the guide linked at the bottom of the Install Yosemite guide. Remember to do this AFTER running multibeast or you won't install the proper bootloader. This caused me to have a "bootloader not supported" issue when booting from the drive. If you already did it and still have the bootloader not supported issue, repeat step 3 of the guide after reinstalling chimera 4 bootloader from multibeast.

• USB 3 fix : if not working, check /System/Library/Extensions to see if GenericUSBXHCI.kext has not returned. If it's there, remove it
  • missing mach kernel : I had no kernel flag, but still had the issue. Adding this
    <key>Kernel</key>
    <value>/Systems/Library/Kernels/Kernel</value>
    to org.chameleon.plist solved the issue
    Remember to change it in the /Users/use /Extra AND the EFI partition (type sudo mkdir /Volume/EFI && mount_hfs /dev/disk0s1 /Volumes/EFI to mount the EFI partition and edit the files)
  • Audio was not working, even after choosing the proper ALC887 Current audio driver from multibeast. I had to look for proper HDAEnabler1.kext and HDAEnabler2.kext from Toleda's ALC github repository, and install them with kextbeast (available from the download section of this forum). Repair permissions, reboot, and choose the right sound output from system preferences.
  • After doing all of the above and rebooting, remember to run disk utility to repair permissions

I think that's all. Everything runs smoothly that way, except for iMessage which seems to be unfixable with unibeast. If you want to try clover on this config, remember to boot the install USB drive with the option "with injected kext", otherwise it won't take you anywhere.

I hope this will be helpful to some people !

Last edited:
Everything went just fine for me , only problem is that now I can´t restart using the option in the apple menu. Now it stalls black and I have to press the reset button. I am a newbie on this, what can I check to make it work again ??

OK, as a noob, here's what I did to get it working:

Followed Tony's instructions on the first page of this post.

Booted to USB from bios and installed Yosemite over Mavericks.

Rebooted to USB and started Yosemite. Perfect!

Ran Mulibeast with the settings Tony advised.

Rebooted to Yosemite and found grey screen/white slash circle. sh*t.

Booted from my backup and loaded the Mulibeast settings I saved when I installed Mavericks.

Booted to Yosemite and all is well.

This is on a GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3

**SCRUB THAT**

For some reason, on every subsequent reboot I still get the grey screen with the white slashed circle.

Any ideas..??

D.

Back