Contribute
Register

Guide: Update OS X Mavericks to OS X Yosemite Using UniBeast and MultiBeast

I get stuck at the loading bar after using Multibeast. But before I do that everything works in Yosemite. I cannot get a full boot when I add audio, chimera, or ethernet....Damn !!!! We have the same setup. Please let me know if you figure it out. I will keep trying different setting but getting frustrating.

I got the mach_kernel error when I remove the 2 lines mentioned in the first post. I also tried to add the lines:

<key>Kernel</key>
<string>/System/Library/Kernels/kernel</string>

But when I boot the USB with the two lines added, it'll give a blackscreen and restart.

I did not have any problems installing mavericks with unibeast though. Does anybody has the same problem as me? Have you fixed it yet ?

My setup:

Intel Core i5 3350P
ASRock B75 Pro 3 iB75
Sapphire HD 7870 XT
Samsung 840 series Pro 128GB
2x Corsair Vengeance DDR3,1600-8GB

Get stuck at the Apple logo with the loading bar, when rebooting from the USB and choosing my existing drive (step 7 in the guide) - the bar doesn't fill up. Even after waiting 30+min, bar is still empty. Tried some boot flags (-f, -x, npci=3000, GraphicsEnabler=No, maxmem=4096, PCIRootUID=0), no luck.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

See #87

Nice guide (as usual), unfortunately it doesn't work for me. I have a rig with GTX 470, and whatever I do, it just loads the installer and before setup screen shows up it stops sending video to the monitor. I've tried many different kernel flags, different monitors, but none worked. It just quits on video output...
Anyone with successful upgrade with this video card?
Thanks

Whenever I try to install Yosemite, it gets about 7 minutes into the installer, and then the computer randomly restarts and boots me into my windows partition... :/

rip

upgraded today it all went smoothly until it came to the %$%#$%$&$&$ sound kext of multibeast 7.01.. again after or must even say still looses sound after sleep... again yes there is an easy fix just take the one from MB 6.1 and sound is working like it should.
I really wish they would fix this because its getting annoying.
bootup looks a little weird graphics flashes and shows 4 boot loaders, but in the end boots up good

maybe i am a nag but i want it to work without glitches and fixes

setup: GA-Z87X-D3H - 8 GIGs ballistic Mem - SSD samsung - CPU i7 4770K - Blue-ray drive

What also seems to be a huge problem is that my apple ID is not being accepted. it says my computer could not be verified.... Contact support for assistance. my account is fine but the machine is not according to the app store apps. so i am not able to use my old apps.

I can install Yosemite on my main drive all day long but after installation, when I boot from my main drive I get the apple logo and a frozen progress bar. (Step 7) I'm getting pretty frustrated... I don't know what else to try other than reformatting my drive which i really don't want to do. I have it backed up so if it's the only solution, I will.

I did get it to boot into Yosemite once randomly. I ran multibeast after hoping it would cure this problem but nope, right back to where I began.

Please help...

I can install Yosemite on my main drive all day long but after installation, when I boot from my main drive I get the apple logo and a frozen progress bar. (Step 7) I'm getting pretty frustrated... I don't know what else to try other than reformatting my drive which i really don't want to do. I have it backed up so if it's the only solution, I will.

I did get it to boot into Yosemite once randomly. I ran multibeast after hoping it would cure this problem but nope, right back to where I began.

Please help...

Exactly the same issue here :(

If it helps, then my final rows after booting with -v are:
pci (build 00:11:20 Sep 19 2014, flags 0xe3000, pfm64 (36 cpu) 0xf80000000, 0x80000000
[ PCI configuration begin ]

I see that there are very many guys struggeling with the same problem. Can someone please look into it or has found a solution for it? I tried lots of stuff explained here, non works.

My specs are - 2500k, GA68Z-B3 (similar), HD6850

Will all of my apps and data be erased or when I choose to install yosemite on the drive will it just install the O

Back