Contribute
Register

Guide: Update OS X Mavericks to OS X Yosemite Using UniBeast and MultiBeast

Hello guys, I solved Yosemite freezings

My config: GA-Z87X-OC, 16 GB memory

The problemMemory frequency and timings, my memory can work on 1600Mhz, but it worked on 1333Mhz with standard voltage 1.5v, also, timings of memory were 9-9-9-27.

After changing frequency to 1600Mhz, voltage — 1.6v, timings 10-10-10-27 OS X Yosemite installed and running successfully

Hope I helped somebody with same configuration and problem

When I boot from my Yosemite bootdisk, after their Apple logo and halfway through the progress bar, I get a weird little "No sign" - any idea on how to make it boot fully?

when booting using -v verbose mode I get

VEK unwrap failed

and then

Still waiting for root device

Things I've tried:

• using the -f flag (ignore kernel cache) does not work

FIXED by using the cpus=1 boot flag

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    412.7 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:
Ok guys. I will put here what I did to get the full system installed and my data from Mavericks 10.9.5 without to lose nothing. First of all here's my computer specs : Asus P7P55D-E motherboard, Intel Core i3 3.21 GHz, 16 GB RAM 1600 MHz, Nvidia GT610 2GB, I also have a external soundcard Avid Fast Track Solo and 32 GB Kingston USB. Second, I have a 250 GB SSD hard, 1 TB Sata hard and one external 320 GB hard, in the SSD I had installed Mavericks 10.9.5, the Time Machine in 500 GB partition on the 1 TB hard.

1. I made a partition in the 1 TB hard without to touch the Time machine and using the guide to install Yosemite with unibeast I was able to install it without any problem.
2.After installation I boot the Mavericks and using Multibeast 7.0 for Yosemite I have chose the following things : In Quick start : DSDT Free, Drivers : Voodoo HDA 2.8.4 for audio, Disk : 3rd Party SATA. Bootloaders : Chimera 4.0.0. Customize : 1080p Display Mode, Generate CPU States, Hinbernate Mode - Desktop, Kext Dev Mode, Use KernelCache (remember that I have installed all these in the second partition from 1 TB sata hard).
3. I restart the computer and I boot for the first time in Yosemite, I set the user etc etc etc
4. I restart the computer again and I booted from the USB, then I format the SSD hard where I had installed Mavericks and then I installed Yosemite again but this time on the SSD. The installation was quick.
5. I reboot the computer after the installation was done and I booted the Yosemite that I installed in the step 1. Perfect, I have used again Multibeast like in step 2 but this time I chose the Yosemite from the SSD
6. I restarted my pc again and I booted from the SSD, I set-up all the configurations, I installed the drivers for my wifi etc.
7. I reboot the system again and using migration tools I have restored all my softs and data from the time machine. After 25-30 minutes 120 GB of data was on my new Yosemite. I restarted the pc and ta-daam, everything works like a charm. The sound, internet, all my softs like Photoshop, Ableton Live for music production, Logic Pro, Final Cut are running without any problem.
In total I lose 2 hours and half to make all these things and my computer is running the last OS X without any problem . I hope I have been helpful.

to answer your question about "can't find; mach_kernel"
see number 7, it said "Reboot from the USB and choose your existing drive"
which means after you install it successful, then computer will reboot automatically you need to reboot your computer again and press F12 to boot with usb and choose your hard drive to boot Yosemite

i'm trying to upgrade my GA-Z87X-UD5 TH installation and i get a kernel panic at the apple loading screen from my unibeast usb installer. it looks like a couple UD7 people are having the same issue. any solutions for this?

UPDATE 1: per another thread, i booted with -no-zp and it worked.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...f-kernel-panic-when-booting-unibeast-usb.html

UPDATE 2: ran through the installation, multibeasted my audio back, and all seems to be working. thank you tonymacx86! (now i got to find a way to change these butt-ugly blue folders!)

Hello all.

I get to the install screen of Yosemite and then I get the progress bar. After sitting for a while I then get the following message:

"OS X could not be installed on your computer

File system verify or repair failed.

Quit the installer to restart your computer and try again."

...any thoughts? I haven't been able to figure it out. I did select the legacy boot option when building with unibeast and I tried it without as well. Same error.

GA-Z68XP-UD4

I used the new TRIM Enabler to install TRIM support. It tried to disable the security restriction about unsigned software that's now part of Yosemite. It attempted to remove the restriction but failed. Since then when the system boots up just after the boot loader progress bar has finished there is a black screen with the message saying "There was an error during startup. Will pause for 5 seconds," then the startup goes normally. There are no observed problems.

I'm not sure how to resolve the error. If anyone has an idea please let me know.

Steve

Hi there..

have upgraded from 10.9.5 to 10.10...got little issues here and there..
I got NIC working on GA-z87x-oc MB, but only getting 100mbits and not gigabit?
What drivers are people using?

Has anyone else had this problem?

thanks in advance

Excellent! I followed everything to the tee. Everything's working for me - no issues with USB, sound (using VoodooHDA, was also using this in Mavericks), and things that weren't working for me in Mavericks now work!! Like Messages!

Thank you so much, this is amazing.

Ok. Gigabyte h87-hd3, and ati 5850hd. it worked with -x -f -v -no-zp. Everything went seamless. Now i will try to make audio work :)

Back