Contribute
Register

Guide: Update OS X Mavericks to OS X Yosemite Using UniBeast and MultiBeast

At last after hours all is ok with Yosemite on my Zotac Z77-ITX!
Sound works on ALC892 using Multibeast 6.0.1 for Mavericks, all USB works after deleting the generic usb kext, trim enabled with Trim Enabler 3.2.6! ICloud works, iMessage.. not.
It's been a loooong afternoon, thank for all the advices and good night!:thumbup:

I am having the same problem as some people on the first page encountered. This happens when I try to boot from my USB. I've properly formatted it with unibeast, and I've deleted the said lines of code in the OP. :b
DaH4a8w.png

if you're having the crossed-out-circle-on-grey-screen error on a GA Z87N-wifi or similar board definitely delete 3rd party sata kext (as well as the things mentioned in the first post in this thread)

Everything running smoothly except bluetooth!

Anyone getting this after they install from USB drive and then restart from their HDD install drive?

I should mention I am on Chimera 2.2.1 - do I have to install mavericks again and then upgrade chimera to 4.0?!

..or is there some way to do it from Unibeast USB or terminal?

Thank you wonderful community!

Attachments

• IMG_6736.jpg
    IMG_6736.jpg
    274.2 KB · Views: 229
" 1. let chimera load, press any key to bring up the device list, and choose usb.
This resulted in the error

2. press F12 before Chimera loads to bring up the boot menu and choose usb or in my case PMAP.
Using the bios boot menu instead of the chimera boot menu allowed me to boot to the installer without any trouble.
​"

This should be mentioned on the steps, I was confused about this until now. Thanks a bunch
bnlabelle :clap:

What is the process of installing the kext.
Do I have to delete one first?
Can you outline the steps for me?

Sorry, new to this kext stuff :)

Len

I believe that I found a fix for the USB issue. You will need to download Kext Utility and the GenericUSB for Yosemite. You can find it here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/genericusbxhci/files/?source=navbar Once I installed that in place of the other file, I had no issues on reboot. I believe the version in the file is older than the current. Now to find a way to fix iMessage and everything will be perfect.

Can you tell me how to do this step by step?
Sorry, not familiar with kext files yet.

I downloaded the kext and a utility.
It says just drop the file on the utility to install. The kext is a .tar file. Do I double click that and then drag to the utility?
Also, do I have to delete a file before installing the new file?

Thanks
Len

Updated following this guide, after a few set backs with UniBeast. Even the motherboard audio works with 898 kext! Now let's wait for the next update to break it again. :D

I have a GA-Z87X-UD3H which upgraded ok to Yosemite after a bit of fiddling with -f boots and rebuilding the kernel extension cache. The only thing that is shaky is the ALC898 audio. The speaker icon at the top will blink sometimes and during playback in itunes or vlc it will sometimes drop out. I just used the default 898 driver in Multibeast 7.0. Is your audio smooth?

Anyone else having their monitor go to sleep while installer is loading? I can't seem to get to installer screen because my monitor is going to sleep while it's loading.

Back