Contribute
Register

Guide: Update OS X Mavericks to OS X Yosemite Using UniBeast and MultiBeast

noob question over here but where exactly would I find "/Extra/modules/FileNVRAM.dylib" and the other files I need to delete (if they exist on my system)?

noob question over here but where exactly would I find "/Extra/modules/FileNVRAM.dylib" and the other files I need to delete (if they exist on my system)?

/ = root of your Hard Drive

So navigate to your Hard Drive's root in Finder:

Applications
Extra
Library
System
Users

Then go into the Extra folder and you see a modules folder- then you'll see FileNVRAM.dylib- delete it. Right now it's causing instability during the installation process.

/ = root of your Hard Drive

So navigate to your Hard Drive's root in Finder:

Applications
Extra
Library
System
Users

Then go into the Extra folder and you see a modules folder- then you'll see FileNVRAM.dylib- delete it. Right now it's causing instability during the installation process.
wow thanks for the quick response :^)
I'll try that

Edit: worked, I'm able to access my ssd root. However, I did not see either of the two files mentioned in the OP. I guess I never had 'em in the first place.
5EQPT0d.png

uV7rjWv.png

Just upgraded, sound working only if I used old MultiBeast.
Internet working.
Display on dual screen working, only if I set graphicenabler=yes

But all USB isn't working until 2 minutes. Any fix?

iCloud is doomed, it said this device cannot be verified. This is disastrous. :crazy:

Open a finder window, click 'Go', then click 'Computer'. You can navigate to the folders from there.

I have successfully upgraded From 10.9.5 Mavericks to 10.10 Yosemite Using this method ,and everything is running perfect for me
My System
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1024 MB
MB: GA-Z77-D3H
Memory: 16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
I 'm not using DSDT,since i can't find a patch for ny MB anywhere , if anyone know where to find it i would appreciate it ,though my system runs perfectly fine ,given triple booting with Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 and Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

Edit: Resolved

Attachments

• lsosFr5.png
    lsosFr5.png
    24 KB · Views: 1,844
  • balouxZ.png
    balouxZ.png
    12.5 KB · Views: 1,839
I was the same as some others and not reading Tony's original post correctly o_O so constantly getting kernel mach message. Thanks to the member who highlighted that you reboot from the USB and not the HDD, i now have a fully working Yosemite :thumbup:

Thanks to all those who put in the work, i appreciate the time you spend on it :)

Here's how I got around the "can't find; mach_kernel" error.
I followed the steps in this guide and still got the error. My problem was that there are two ways to boot from your usb:

1. let chimera load, press any key to bring up the device list, and choose usb.
This resulted in the error

2. press F12 before Chimera loads to bring up the boot menu and choose usb or in my case PMAP.
Using the bios boot menu instead of the chimera boot menu allowed me to boot to the installer without any trouble.

Hope this helps someone!

Back