Contribute
Register

Guide: Update OS X Mavericks to OS X Yosemite Using UniBeast and MultiBeast

Seems Yosemite now running just fine, BUT only I must boot with key "Ignore boot caches:problem:
to correct this issue, I put following into "org.chameleon.Boot.plist":

<key>Kernel</key>
<string>/System/Library/Kernels/kernel</string>

but Yosemite start very slow 40-50 sec.

I never had to use the Clover, maybe it makes sense to install the Clover?

Seems Yosemite now running just fine, BUT only I must boot with key "Ignore boot caches" :problem:
how to correct this issue?
Try this:
- boot with <key>Kernel Flags</key> <string>kext-dev-mode=1</string>

- rebuid cache sudo kextcache -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions

Something like this should be displayed "kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext"

- reboot and see if it's working

Try this:
- boot with <key>Kernel Flags</key> <string>kext-dev-mode=1</string>

- rebuid cache sudo kextcache -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions

Something like this should be displayed "kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext"

- reboot and see if it's working

Great! Thank you, BOGDANW

I am on a customac recommended build with Z87MX-D3H. Mavericks worked flawlessly for me from the scratch, but Yosemite was causing problems from the very beginning.

First, the installer USB was causing kernel panic (yes, I reset the bios to defaults before trying to install), then I managed to boot and install by using

graphicsenabler=no -x maxmem=4096

I upgraded exactly as it is recommended in this topic and the initial boot was just fine, but when I used MultiBeast (with the same settings that worked fine in Maverics) and tried to reboot I was either getting a white screen with grey apple logo and a very slow progress bar which was then getting stuck forever at some 45%, or a kernel panic CPU 0 caller 0xffffff8000379458 and explanation "a freed zone element has been modified in zone kalloc.32: expected 0xdeadbeefdeadbeef but found 0xdeadbeef00000000, bits changed 0xdeadbeef, at offset 16 of 32 in element 0xffffff801d9dbd20, Debugger called: <panic>

I was only able to boot into the system with -x option.

Then tried your suggestion and changed the <key>Kernel Flags</key> <string>kext-dev-mode=1</string> in org.chameleon.boot.plist, repaired permissions and rebooted. Magic! Yosemite now seems to work fine on my mobo. Great! Thanks again!

Since it works now, do I still have to issue the following bash command?

rebuid cache sudo kextcache -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions

I was having the same issues asIkyo. Long delay before my USB ports would work.

Post #78 suggested deleting GenericUSBXHCI.kext. It worked for me. No more Keyboard and Mouse delay. USB's seem to be up and running fine now.

Now if I could only fix my Audio and get my Flash card reader to work!!!!!
:problem:

I've installed ALC898 using Multibeast 7.0 with no luck. I will trying using an earlier version next.

I had same issues. I Will try deleting USB.kext. For thé sound, I hope a new version of multibeast will be able to fix that.

Edit : Deleting GenericUSB kext has worked for me. Just sound issue now.

I have a Z97X-UD7 TH which i can't install yosemite on (update from mavericks)

On my other machine (z77x-d3h) the update went fine, that was with the same usb installer....

I get a kernel panic when loading the installer, with the stop sign.

I tried booting with -x -v -f, i deleted genericUSB.kext, removed the two lines from the .plist

Anything else i could try?

Yosemite start very slow about 30-40 sec, how to increase startup speed?
My PC Specs:

GB Z77X-UP5-TH / Bios F12J-Mod 10
Intel® Core™ i7-3770K 3.5 GHz
Intel® 730 SSD 480GB 2,5Zoll SATA

Just upgraded Mavericks to Yosemite, it almost worked as expected. After running Multibeast I had some strange graphics problems, and my sound didn't work. The sound preferences listed some outputs but none worked. I removed /Extra and ran multibeast again, which solved both problems. Yosemite is now almost running as expected.

However, I have one problem. Like some other people not all my USB ports seem to be working. In my case the USB 3 ports on my motherboard are not working, the USB 2 ports work fine though. I tried running with and without the USB 3 drivers from Multibeast, but it doesn't fix the problem.

Edit: just noticed another problem. After the computer wakes from sleep the sound doesn't work anymore. I had this on mavericks as well. I'm using a Realtek ALC898, in some other thread I read that the driver in an older version of Multibeast does not suffer from this problem, but I'm hesitant to try an older version.

Not a straight-forward upgrade here ...

Read Tonymacx86 instructions at start of thread and take note. I missed something.

REMOVE generic USB kext if in system extensions folder. This caused me a lot of problems because I missed it. However I then re-installed with MultiBeast and the problems returned (crash and very,very slow BT).

I have now discovered that removing the kext and not trying to add it again is the way to go. The USB ports work fine. With the kext my USB 2.0 ports are dead and only the USB 3.0 worked. Without it all is back to normal.

Also discovered the previous Apple Realtek kext for Ethernet no longer worked so used the Lnx2Mac version instead and that is ok.

Sound works as before using the same kext BUT you now have to tick a box to show the speaker icon in the menu bar. Didn't have to before as that was its state by default.

System seens fractionally slower than with Mavericks and can't help wondering how the new Mac Mini 1.4ghz model, or iMac, will manage ...

Seems in "UniBeast" not working "Legacy USB Support"
I try create flash drive using "UniBeast" with and not "Legacy USB Support" flag
In both cases on boot computer it freezes or hangs where motherboard screen!!!
Turn off usb flash drive or disable "Legacy storage support" in BIOS helps.
Hmm, but nothing to install.
Motherboard: GA-P55-UD3L rev. 2.0 ver. FI

Recreate flash drive partition with "Master Boot Record" and in "UniBeast" set "Legacy USB Support" helps me.

Back