Contribute
Register

Guide: Update OS X Mavericks to OS X Yosemite Using UniBeast and MultiBeast

Strange issue that I have encountered. My USB keyboard and mouse will not become active until a few minutes after booting. I never had this issue with Mavericks prior. I am wondering if it is an issue with the Kexts. My motherboard only has USB 3.0 ports available on it.

Updated two machines today relatively painlessly, both old hardware, the testbed Hack with a P5KPL-VM and the main user with a GA-P55M-UD4. No major issues..

What were your Multibeast settings on the P55 board? My previous settings in Mavericks no longer boot my system. (I have to use GraphicsEnabler=1 and PCIBootUID=1 to boot the installer USB).

I have a weird issue, I see the following error:

"OSX could not be installed on your computer

An error occured while extracting files from the package "AdditionalSpeechVoices.pkg".
Quick the installed to restart your computer and try again."

Can someone please help?

Hi! I got an error message when creating USB with Unibeast:

"There was an error creating your Unibeast drive: Couldn`t copy Base System"

This was trying to updated Mavericks not installing from scratch ...

MB: GA-Z77X-UD3H
Processor 3.39 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Graphics Zotac GeForce 9500 GT 1024 MB

Uuuppss... Now, reading full installation see that USB have to be partinonated as MBR! Sorry ...

Last edited:
How did you solve the USB problem? Im having it too. Only three of the USB3.0 ports work, and they work randomly.

Experimented on 2nd hack. Works a treat on a GA-Z77X-UP5 (bios rev 4), with GTX580.

For those with 'Mack_kernel not found' error on USB bootup, remember to make things easier by ensuring your boot order AND boot drive in BIOS is set to the USB (or equivalent name) drive in FIRST order, then save and reboot, hit f12, boot & install from the Unibeast USB drive/stick, and u should be good to go.

If you're not using the Intel GfX onboard (and its disabled in BIOS) you may find it easier to boot with;-

-x -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes to get to the Yosemite install screen.

Once successfully in to Yosemite, try a basic Multibeast install first to test before adding/changing anything else, e.g.

Quick Start: No DSDT
Drivers: Disk>3rd Party SATA; Trim Enabler (check 10.10.0, if required); Network>Intel> AppleIntelE1000a v3.10 (checked - it works!)
Bootloaders: Chimera v4 (checked)
Customise: 1080p Display Mode; Generate CPU States; GraphicsEnabler=Yes, Hibernate Mode - Desktop; IGPEnabler=No; Use KernelCache.

Then click the 'BUILD' tab.

After the BUILD has finished you can Fix Permissions and reboot. Everything should be cool to go.

Note: All USB ports are working fine without selecting any further kexts after the basic 'No DSDT' install above.

Later: Change things like System Definitions/other kexts on the next Multibeast config run to test out other settings.

Things worked great when I followed driftwoodtv's advice for the missing mach_kernel issue. I used the BIOS boot selector (F12) instead of the Unibeast one and everything worked perfectly.

Ok... The installation was a complete success... Until multibeast... I choose the same config that i have for Mavericks, reboot and now its stuck with the apple logo and a progress bar... Any suggestion?

I was having the same issues asIkyo. Long delay before my USB ports would work.

Post #78 suggested deleting GenericUSBXHCI.kext. It worked for me. No more Keyboard and Mouse delay. USB's seem to be up and running fine now.

Now if I could only fix my Audio and get my Flash card reader to work!!!!!
:problem:

I've installed ALC898 using Multibeast 7.0 with no luck. I will trying using an earlier version next.

Back