Contribute
Register

Guide: Update OS X Mavericks to OS X Yosemite Using UniBeast and MultiBeast

2 part installation. Both parts should be booted with the UniBeast created installation USB thumb drive. Once the 2nd part is completed and you're at the Desktop, run MultiBeast as per the guide.

Since we're not telepathic, we need to know your system components. See the tonymacx86 Forum Rules & Policies on signature block components.

Additionally, please provide complete details in your Profile.

Mobo: motherboard manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model (e.g., i7-4770K)
Graphics: Video card manufacturer/model and/or Intel Integrated Graphics version (e.g., HD4600)

See my Profile items to the left of my post, under my name.

By completing your Profile and signature block, you help us help you better. :thumbup:

Hi,
I've had a successful and stable installation of Mavericks 10.9.1 for several years. Now I want to upgrade to Yosemite because I just put into two GTX980 for my windows HD and don't want to keep switching out those cards for my ATI HD6870 just to boot up my Hackintosh. I understand that if I upgrade to Yosemite, I can install the Nvidia web drivers and will be able to use my Nvidia GTX 980 for my hackintosh. I've created the USB with UniBeast 5 and have Yosemite on the USB.

The problem is immediately after I boot the PC, it gets stuck at the first line that shows my processor. doesn't seem to move past that line, and I cant even get to the BIOS. If I remove the Yosemite USB, and replace it with my other USB (which I use to boot into Mavericks), everything is fine. What am i doing wrong with the Yosemite USB?

Thanks in advance.

Kevin

good afternoon I have followed the thread installing version 10.10.2 on maverik but when installing multibest my audio driver doesn't work

Back