Contribute
Register

Guide: Update OS X Mavericks to OS X Yosemite Using UniBeast and MultiBeast

I have encountered this when I tried to install Yosemite from my USB.
View attachment 138232
It said "this is not a supported method of installing the operating system."

I have tried to create a bootable USB 1)using UniBeast 5 and 2)following this website: http://www.macworld.com/article/236...otable-os-x-10-10-yosemite-install-drive.html

Both made me encountered the above error.

Someone online said I must have installed the USB incorrectly; but I followed the steps already.

Anyone knows why??!!!!:crazy: I need help.

Hi,
First you have to download Yosemite form App Store , and don't try to install, let the Yosemite download in the computer, after download Yosemite use UniBeast to create a USB bootable from this link
http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-x-yosemite-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html
You have to select if you want to install on PC or laptop, then click install and ready to install Yosemite.

Hi everyone, I'm trying to update from Mavericks 10.9.5 to the new Yosemite 10.10.3.
I tried as Tonymacx said about deleting the files from the /Extra folder, changing the org.chameleon.Boot.plist file and deleting the extension file but so far nothing is good.

Every time I get the message "Can't find /mach_kernel Press a key to continue..."

What am I missing here :roll2: I also tried several times booting the USB with different flags such as "npci=0x3000 cpus=1" (which are the flags that atm allow me to boot the Mavericks OS).

Can please someone help me?

Thanks

Every time I get the message "Can't find /mach_kernel Press a key to continue..."

I had to install the latest Chimera to get my Yosemite installer drive to boot. That fixed the mac_kernel error.

i came till the crossed circle in the installation. ahso with the boot flag -f. what can i do?
I use mavericks. Make the installation (Stick) on a 16 gb partition on a usb hd. Select the Hd via F12 and choice the HD.
When i boot with -v comes at the end fatal error apple usb hub 3 an 4 endless.....

Thanks
Maiky

Hello Guys

Trying to update ML with YOS following this tutorial i get so far and my screen goes off / black?

I have tried several flags -x -v GraphicsEnabler=No & -x -v GraphicsEnabler=No but my screens just go off??????

I have no idea why it is failing or what on as i cannot see the error before it shuts down.

Would really like some guidance please :)

Please ignore started new thread

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...lack-screen-death-hits-again.html#post1046580

Last edited:
Hi, yes i change in org.chameleon.Boot.plist but not in the same line like you, i make other line.

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1 nvda_drv=1</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string> nvda_drv=1</string>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1</string>

Now i change the motherboard with i3 processor and works super and now problems, and with 2 lines in kernel flags, i change now in only one line. I put the motherboard asus p8hg1-m lx3 plus r2.0 , hard disck ssd samsung 250 evo, video card evga gtx 750 sc , works good, i dont install sound because i dont know the realtek for this motherboard.
Thx for everitying man.

Hi,
i want to ask you something, with this motherboard asus p8h61-m lx3 plus r2.0 and proccesor i3 3220 if i buy the i7 3770 quadcore work on this motherboard?
thx

Hi,
i want to ask you something, with this motherboard asus p8h61-m lx3 plus r2.0 and proccesor i3 3220 if i buy the i7 3770 quadcore work on this motherboard?
thx

I looked this up on Asus' website - to answer your questions, the audio is not Realtek ALC, it is Via VT1708S so your only option is to use Voodoo audio or add an external USB audio device. Your motherboard does support the i7-3770.

I looked this up on Asus' website - to answer your questions, the audio is not Realtek ALC, it is Via VT1708S so your only option is to use Voodoo audio or add an external USB audio device. Your motherboard does support the i7-3770.

thx, yes i true the realtek is not, but i finde the audio drive for this motherboard and if anyone want the driver i share without any problem, thx again.

Hi, i buy the i7 3770 i install it and no way to bot mac, if i put the old processor works good i put the i7 and no way to boot or install again yosemite, any sugestion?

Thx.

Back