Contribute
Register

Guide: Update OS X Mavericks to OS X Yosemite Using UniBeast and MultiBeast

Worked great without any problem! Thank you very much!

Yosemite install without much issue. but after multibeast i have one major issue.
only part of USB ports works. some ports does not work at all even tho it works during install
anyone having the same issue??
Gigabyte Z87X-OC with EVGA GTX 760

any suggestion and help is greatly appreciated.
Did you ever get this build running on Yosemite? I got a similar build I want to upgrade.

Go to Finder and in the menu select Go->Computer. Those are file folders you can browse.

I have a Z87X-OC with dual boot Mavericks and Windows 7. I got it set up the first time I tried which means I didn't mess around with Multibeast and Chimera too much. I'm concerned if I follow the directions here that I'll render my Windows 7 partition inaccessible. Any thoughts from the community? Is it "safe" to attempt this upgrade on a dual boot?

Thanks for your patience.
Yeah I have this setup too. Did you ever get it to work and did you have any issues with the dual boot? I got a windows 8 partition. That I would like to keep working!

Here's how I got around the "can't find; mach_kernel" error.
I followed the steps in this guide and still got the error. My problem was that there are two ways to boot from your usb:

1. let chimera load, press any key to bring up the device list, and choose usb.
This resulted in the error

2. press F12 before Chimera loads to bring up the boot menu and choose usb or in my case PMAP.
Using the bios boot menu instead of the chimera boot menu allowed me to boot to the installer without any trouble.

Hope this helps someone!

You are my hero! I still had to use npci=0x3000 cpus=1 at chimera, but the F12 and PMAP thing is what had me lost...I was letting it boot to chimera and trying to do it there...which never worked...for hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ugh

Thank you!

hey friends.
i installed Yos over Mav.
All Apps, data and even my logic plugins were still there.
The complete system runs out of the box, if nothing happend :D
Even my W7 dualboot is running

i´m really lucky :)

Thank you

For all of those who successfully installed the update on a dual boot. What steps did you follow? The first response ones?

Save all of your settings, files, apps, etc... by following this simple guide to upgrade OS X Mavericks to OS X Yosemite.

1. Boot OS X Mavericks
2. Remove /Extra/modules/FileNVRAM.dylib if present
3. Remove /System/Library/Extensions/GenericUSBXHCI.kext if present
4. Edit /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist to remove the following 2 lines if present:

View attachment 107204

5. Create a bootable USB using UniBeast 5
6. Boot from USB and install OS X Yosemite over your existing Mavericks installation
7. Reboot from the USB and choose your existing drive
8. Run MultiBeast 7 and select the following options, and any system-specific Audio and Network drivers.
View attachment 107208
9. Reboot from drive into OS X Yosemite.

Related:
OS X Yosemite is Now Available on the Mac App Store
MultiBeast 7.0 Update

UniBeast 5.0 Update
Chimera 4.0 Update

Hi , i have a motherboard asus p5k and a video card radeon hd 5450 and yosemite works fine. I buy other video card evga geforce gtx 750 superclocked and if i start boot with unibeast the boot dont work, his load the green line only a bit then hi stop and no work. I dont know what happen any sugestion? THX

Hi , i have a motherboard asus p5k and a video card radeon hd 5450 and yosemite works fine. I buy other video card evga geforce gtx 750 superclocked and if i start boot with unibeast the boot dont work, his load the green line only a bit then hi stop and no work. I dont know what happen any sugestion? THX
You need the nVidia Web dirvers because OS X does not natively support the nVidia Maxwell chip graphics cards, like the GTX 750, yet. Replace your 750 with your old 5450 and following my steps in my GTX 750 Ti installation procedure here. Ignore the BIOS change steps as your motherboard doesn't support on-board graphics.

You need the nVidia Web dirvers because OS X does not natively support the nVidia Maxwell chip graphics cards, like the GTX 750, yet. Replace your 750 with your old 5450 and following my steps in my GTX 750 Ti installation procedure here. Ignore the BIOS change steps as your motherboard doesn't support on-board graphics.

Thx a lot man works perfecttttttttt, thx again and nice work with the tutorials. Now i install final cut and premier for test if works nice. If works photoshop and premier i'm happy. Thx

Back