Register

Guide: Update OS X Mavericks to OS X Yosemite Using UniBeast and MultiBeast

Motherboard
GA-Z87N-WIFI
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GTX770
Here's how I got around the "can't find; mach_kernel" error.
I followed the steps in this guide and still got the error. My problem was that there are two ways to boot from your usb:

1. let chimera load, press any key to bring up the device list, and choose usb.
This resulted in the error

2. press F12 before Chimera loads to bring up the boot menu and choose usb or in my case PMAP.
Using the bios boot menu instead of the chimera boot menu allowed me to boot to the installer without any trouble.

Hope this helps someone!

THIS!! Fixed "can't find mach_kernel" for me too, thanks!!

Maybe update the first post ? Seems bunch of people run into this..
...and thanks to Tony and everybody / anybody else contributing to make this stuff work :):headbang:

Motherboard
Gigabyte H370M DS3H
CPU
i5 8400
Graphics
Radeon RX 570 Nitro+
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi guys, will this guide for if my Mavericks is installed using clover?

Motherboard
ASUS Prime Z490-P
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

for me don´t work with clover, panic kernel.

Motherboard
ASUS Prime Z490-P
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi folks,

Just ran the update as per instructions and I can boot the HD by booting from USB first, then using -v -x to boot from hard drive. I can't boot directly from the hard drive using -v -x, it still stops loading. This is quite confusing as they should be loading from the same source?

Booting without these flags results in the grey load screen bar not moving. I have run multibeast after booting from usb to hd with -v and -x, it still wont boot from the hard drive at all.

Attached is what I get in verbose mode booting directly from the hard drive. Any ideas?

for me work with this -x, PCIRootUID=1

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z490 Creator
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
No, that's why the title of this thread states "...Using UniBeast and MultiBeast". :rolleyes:

elfcake

Banned
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 D
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I tried the BIOS boot method. The USB does not show in the list of boot options.
MoBo - Gigabyte Z77X-UP5TH
3.4ghz i5 3570k
32 gb RAM
Otherwise getting "no mach-kernel found" he I attempt to boot from chimera screen.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H LGA 1150
CPU
i7 4770k
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
sorry I am a little late to the party, but will this erase all my stuff on my computer?

P1LGRIM

Motherboard
Lenovo ThinkStation p300 ⌘
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
sorry I am a little late to the party, but will this erase all my stuff on my computer?

Read the first line of the guide to answer your own question :
Save all of your settings, files, apps, etc... by following this simple guide to upgrade OS X Mavericks to OS X Yosemite

Motherboard
<< need model # >> See Forum Rules !!
CPU
Graphics
HD5770
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Updated two machines today relatively painlessly, both old hardware, the testbed Hack with a P5KPL-VM and the main user with a GA-P55M-UD4. No major issues..

Hello! I have a GA-P55M-UD4 currently running mavericks 10.9.5 and have attempted to update to yosemite afew times now. I get stuck everytime after it installs and it reboots again from usb and i choose the yosemite install (hdd) it goes into apple gray screen with progress bar and nothing happens. I waited the most about 1 hour. Did u try anything special when you updated your mavericks? I followed the guide to a T but no luck. Thanks!!

Motherboard
CPU
Graphics
HD5770
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello! I have a GA-P55M-UD4 currently running mavericks 10.9.5 and have attempted to update to Yosemite a few times now. I get stuck every time after it installs and it reboots again from USB and i choose the Yosemite install (HDD) it goes into apple gray screen with progress bar and nothing happens. I waited the most about 1 hour. Did u try anything special when you updated your mavericks? I followed the guide to a T but no luck. Thanks!!

Booted with -v flag and noticed it got stuck at PCI Configuration Begin, not sure how to proceed from here