Contribute
Register

Guide: Update OS X Mavericks to OS X Yosemite Using UniBeast and MultiBeast

small issue, I can't instal it on MBR partition :( I'm using a dual boot machine with the wrong partition map. Is there any trick to do? or maybe with clover?

Gershy i got into the Installer by booting with -v -x -f and it booted into the installer I'm installing doing a fresh install tho :headbang::thumbup:

Thanks man, I was stuck at gray screen with a colorful circle just before select language of installation. And I tried -v -x -f as you said and I got into installation. Thanks a lot.

I got to the installer by booting with "-x -v -f GraphicsEnabler=Yes UseKernelCache=No".

I'm on Z77X-UP4 with Nvidia 560Ti , upgrading from Mavericks.

Jbamford I noticed tha you did the upgrade to yosemite with Z77-DS3H.You put over the mavericks,with USB, ory ou made directly from the app store update?Can you give me more information on how you did the update on Z77-DS3H? Thanks!

About to try and get this going..

i wanted to ask ... Would it be better Doing a fresh install? I just Don't want to have to reinstall all My stuff again..

Would the Upgrade mess anything up ?

I'm making the USB stick right now.. currently Running mavericks..

What would happen if i just hit update on the YOSEMITE installer ?

No need to do a fresh install, but BACKUP before doing anything. Also, if you're hesitant, wait until the full installation guide comes out later today.

Yosemite install without much issue. but after multibeast i have one major issue.
only part of USB ports works. some ports does not work at all even tho it works during install
anyone having the same issue??
Gigabyte Z87X-OC with EVGA GTX 760

any suggestion and help is greatly appreciated.

I was thinking that Doing a fresh Install would make things Better and run a little smoother..

Also im worried that Installing the new Audio drivers over the ones that I have for mavericks might cause issues.. And was thinking would be nice to have the New Audio Drivers no?

Can I just hit upgrade and see what happens ?

I just did a Time machine back up a few mins ago so thats all backed up

Also in uniBeast I didn't pick Laptop Support or Legacy.. I didn't think I had to.. will this be an issue ?

ok im glad that I asked then LOL

Back