Motherboard
osx
CPU
i7
Graphics
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Ok, so that was a painful install. I found most of what I needed to fix by reading the other comments. However now I am stuck with this, and I don't see anyone else with this problem. Ideas?

It says: "Your device or computer could not be verified. Contact support for assistance"

Screen Shot 2014-11-12 at 9.10.31 PM.png

#10 on this post solved the problem for me, thanks!
http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/1...support-assistance-plz-help-2.html#post921341

Last edited:
Motherboard
Dell Inspiron 530
CPU
Core2Duo 2.66 Ghz
Graphics
AMD Radeon HD 5450
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
i followed the process, but once i get to the select a hard drive portion my hard drive does not show up. i dont want to reformat the hd because it has my current setup on it with Mavericks which worked fine, still does. im writing this from it right now. PLEASE HELP!!!

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I have a Hackintosh (I got it from my brother so I didn't build it) that has OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) on it at the current time. Is it possible to use the same procedure to upgrade it from 10.6 to 10.10?

Thanks.

Motherboard
Hp Pavilion 15-n224tu
CPU
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 4200U CPU @ 1.6GHz 2.3GHz
Graphics
Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
How to install Os x on hp Pavilion 15-n224tu

Motherboard
HP Probook 6550b HM57
CPU
Intel Core i5 450M
Graphics
Intel(R) HD Graphics 1366x768
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I upgraded to yosemite, but how can I accelerate my ATI radeon 7850? Help please.
Thanks in advance

flv

Motherboard
snow leopard
CPU
i7
Graphics
ati
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hi,can you share AppleACPIPlatform.kext from 10.9.5?
Where do you have to copy it on the bootable usb with unibeast after copying it from antoher mac?
Thanks
:)

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I tried changing the mach_kernel location to a new folder in System/Library/Kernels and now the system won't boot up at all …. now I just want to restore from my time machine backup but can't get the system running. HELP :cry:

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI
CPU
i5-3750K
Graphics
GTX 960
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Things worked great when I followed driftwoodtv's advice for the missing mach_kernel issue. I used the BIOS boot selector (F12) instead of the Unibeast one and everything worked perfectly.

1st try I got the error where the kernel wasn't found on my USB Unibeast. I added these lines to the chameleon boot plist:
Code:
[COLOR=#000000]<key>Kernel</key>
[/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][COLOR=#000000]<string>[/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][COLOR=#000000]/System/Library/Kernels/kernel[/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][COLOR=#000000]</string>[/COLOR][/COLOR]

That got rid of the error but when attempting to boot I'd get a blank grey (with a gradient) screen and then after about 30 seconds the machine would reboot.

Finally, saw Freelander's post and gave it a try. F12 into bios on start, selected my Yosemite USB, and if booted.

Yosemite is installing and I'm crossing my fingers.

EDIT #1

Success! Yosemite is installed and running. After the install was complete and before I rebooted to the USB, I had a dark grey screen. It just sat there so I reset and went to the BIOS select for boot disk again and chose the disk I installed Yosemite on. It booted to a grey screen with the Apple logo and a progress bar, then another screen with a smaller progress bar in the bottom left corner. Finally I got the login screen and am not running the new OS for the 1st time.

Time to run Multibeast...

EDIT #2
I'm not sure which driver is supposed to work with my wifi card. I have a wireless PCIe Card BGN AR5BHB92 AR9280. Anyone know which driver I use with this? I seem to remember I bought it because it could use Atheros drivers.

It looks like the audio drivers I need are there and I added the extra FakeSMC stuff. Plus NVIDIA had an update for my GT650Ti. So I'm about to restart and see if everything is still smooth.

EDIT #3 Final note:
It seems like restarts and startups sometimes get hung up. If I reset it eventually starts up and lets me log in. Other than that everything seems to work fine. I didn't select an ethernet driver but the ethernet works so the drivers in Mavericks must work with my card.

Motherboard
GA-Z87X-UD4H
CPU
i-770k
Graphics
980ti
Thank's for the guide! I'm have an issue, and I'd love some tips.

I removed the files and lines as shown.
When I setup up unibeast it installs, but it creates another file called " installer.failurerequests" on the USB. System doesn't see the USB on boot, meaning the BIOS or Chimera .

If the "failurerepquests" file in removed from the drive, it sees the USB and I boot. But when I try to select the us I get the following: "can't find mach_kernal". Wont boot into installer.

I have yet to find a solution. Much appreciated!!

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI
CPU
i5-3750K
Graphics
GTX 960
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Thank's for the guide! I'm have an issue, and I'd love some tips.

I removed the files and lines as shown.
When I setup up unibeast it installs, but it creates another file called "installer.failurerequests" on the USB. System doesn't see the USB on boot, meaning the BIOS or Chimera .

If the "failurerepquests" file in removed from the drive, it sees the USB and I boot. But when I try to select the us I get the following: "can't find mach_kernal". Wont boot into installer.

I have yet to find a solution. Much appreciated!!

As mentioned by Fly1ngSquid: try changing the Kernel string to the correct directory (or if you removed it add it back), like so:

Code:
[/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]<key>Kernel</key>[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][COLOR=#000000]<string>[/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][COLOR=#000000]/System/Library/Kernels/kernel[/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][COLOR=#000000]</string>[/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]

That fixed the "Can't find mach_kernel" error for me. And remember you are making these changes on your Unibeast/Yosemite install USB disk not your current Mavericks startup disk. Then if it's not starting up from your USB, try selecting it as the start up from BIOS.