Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello,

I updated from 10.9.5 to 10.10.0 on a machine having a gigabyte ga-z87x-oc mainboard.
It seems like the audio is not working. I usually installed Realtek ALC892 on previous versions of OSX (via multibeast). Now with the current version of multibeast (7.0.1) it seems like ALC892 doesn't work in my case...

Should I try a different driver?
Should I uninstall something first?

Another problem I have is that my external USB2.0 drive is not recognized anymore while my iPod and another USB dongle (the one I used for Unibeast) seem to work flawlessly. I installed USB3.0-Universal but nothing changed...

[EDIT: after a few reboots it seems there is no problem with my external drive anymore]

[EDIT2: actually there is no problem with sound!!! I just had to go to system preference/sound and manually select "internal speakers" in the "output" tab.... No idea why this isn't the default but now I CAN HEAR SOUND :D]

Thank you very much for your help.
Best,
-a-

Last edited:
Motherboard
GA-Z87MX-D3H
CPU
Xeon E3-1230 v3
Graphics
MSI GTX 760 TF OC
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I updated according to the guide, but the root disk was not found. Using -f helped. After a couple of times it works and I don't need to put it in the chameleon.plist.

Everything works and Nvidia web dirvers got updated almost automatically. No CUDA yet but I don't care.

However GPU fans run at full speed and core/memory clock don't get lowered, even if idling.
Web drivers are being used.

I found no solution, so be careful and maybe wait some weeks before updating.

Motherboard
gigabyte p67a
CPU
17 2600 sandy bridge
Graphics
ati radeon 6870
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Got everything working accept for one annoying detail. My bluetooth mouse will not operate at the OSX login screen. It comes to life after I login.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

Motherboard
GA-Z77-UP5-TH
CPU
3570K @ 4,2
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Plus
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
UP5-TH updated as described and worked almost 100% out of the box. Only thing that did not work was sound after sleep but got that sorted out with this:http://www.tomsick.net/projects/antipop.html

I feel that shutdown/restart is very slow. Sometimes it takes 3 min before the computer shuts down. Maybe this will change once spotlight has finished...

EDIT: For multibeast I did the whole enchilada: I installed everything like explained in the "start-from-scratch"-guide including trim and not only the two items in this guide. When I only check the 2, my system will not start.

EDIT 2: shutdown times have returned to normal by removing parallels 7 from my system.

Motherboard
ASUS PRIME Z490-A
CPU
Graphics
RX580
Seems to be a problem with the 10.10 Trim Patch ... Had to do the upgrade several times - by process of elimination, any time I enabled the trim patch via MultiBeast, the system would not boot. Also ALC892 does not work - as reported before.
-Dan

Experienced the same thing here. Everything else is up and running fine, going without trim for now.

Motherboard
Asus Prime X570 Pro
CPU
Ryzen 9 3900X
Graphics
RX 590
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Experienced the same thing here. Everything else is up and running fine, going without trim for now.

In my case the trim patch for 10.10 seemed to work... (ga-z87x-oc)

Motherboard
GA-EX58-UD3R 1.6
CPU
Quad Core Intel Xeon 2.27
Graphics
GTX-570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Followed the directions. Had Chimera 4.0 installed and working before upgrading. Upgraded 10.9.5, all but sound and iMessage worked.

EtherNetBuiltIn Yes
GraphicsEnabler Yes
PCIRootUID 1
IGPEnabler No

Sound took some work, old standby copies of AppleHDA and ALC8xxHDA that were usually installed with KextBeast after MB didn't work. This motherboard has 888S with old version that hadn't worked with the Multi Beast Legacy selection.
Long story short after much toleda and pikeralpha reading and trial I stumbled across a incompatibility with using RealtekRTL81xx v0.0.90 Network driver and ALC888 Legacy. Changed the network driver to RealtekRTL8111 v1.2.2 and my sound works now with the ALC888 Legacy choice.

PS - don't forget to remove previous versions of Realtek kexts from S\L\E when changing your driver selections

Motherboard
MAXIMUS IMPACT VII
CPU
i7-4970K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Using Yosemite 10.10 and Multibeast 7.0, I have not been able to install any Intel drivers. Multibeast reports successful installation but default OSX driver has not changed nor has AppleIntel1000e.kext been moved to /s/l/e IOnetworkingfamily.kext. I am having random intermittent ethernet failures and wanted to try driver version 2.4.14 as suggested by others.

Thanks.

Motherboard
Gigabyte x299 Gaming 7
CPU
i9-7940X
Graphics
Vega Frontier Air
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
This guide worked for me 100%. I had some issues, but nothing out of the ordinary when doing a major OS upgrade. I was able to get my machine up and running within a half hour after loading Yosemite. Thanks again tonymac team!

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hi there! Thanks for all the tools and the instructions.

Nonetheless, I seem to be having a little problem at Step 7:

"7. Reboot from the USB and choose your existing drive"

If I try to boot the Yosemite Drive from the Unibeast USB it goes halfway through the process and then the screen turns black.

I have tried several different boot-flags (-x, PCIRootUID=0, npci=0x2000, GraphicsEnabler=No), but none seemed to help. Although using the -v flag it said that I had an unknown CPU and that power management may was unsupported.

My PC Specs if
necessary:
Asus Rampage IV Black Edition X79 Motherboard
Intel 4930k CPU
Asus ROG 780Ti GPU
32GB 2400MHz RAM

I would really be thankful for some help! Thanks

EDIT:
I ended up wiping my SSD and making a new partition for a fresh install, as I had a TimeMachine Backup of my System. Worked flawlessly. Thanks again for the awesome tools!