Contribute
Register

Guide: Update OS X Mavericks to OS X Yosemite Using UniBeast and MultiBeast

What procedure for EFI partition with installed bootloader and extra?

Update: I use a clone of my hard disk to see if things are working properly. This is my experience:

I managed to update from OS X Mavericks to OS X Yosemite after some initial problems.This is what I found.
1) After creating a USB Flash drive with Unibeast 5.01, I had difficulties with booting: 'Missing mach_kernel'. After reading other posts, I booted using F12 in BIOS and added -x (GA-Z77N-WIFI). This worked.
2) After installing the new OS, I managed to boot again through the 'F12' procedure, after this immediately pressed the space bar, and selected the updated disk. It booted.
3) After the initial set up in Yosemite, I ran Multibeast 7.0.
4) This resulted in a working machine, with one exception: sound.
5) It turned out that in Yosemite I had to select a different sound output: in stead of 'line-out' (which effectively is the case), I had to select 'internal speakers', which I do not have. However it works now.

Comment: my conclusion is I had to bypass Unibeast by booting with the aid of the BIOS F12 procedure first, then Unibeast with -x. Afterwards, everything else worked fine.
Hope this will help others. Read other posts, look for similar motherboards and ideally, experiment with a disk clone.
Success!

This does not work. First, the Yosemite installer converts the target drive into a core storage volume so there is no output file destination such as disk0s2. There is only disk0. The Yosemite installer does not install either a boot file or a mach_kernel file. Makes me wonder if something isn't missing.

I'm installing on an OCZ 120 GB SSD. I also don't understand why Chimera designates the volume as RAID.

Steve

I had the same issue. Turns out it's due to Yosemite converting the drive to a core storage volume. I managed to revert it back using "diskutil cs revert <UUID or filesystem path>". Following this, I issued the "dd fix" for 4K drives and got Chimera working again. Hope this helps!

ALC888 not working from MultiBeast 7.0.0 and 6.5.0 :(

Hey guys can someone help me?

i get this error

IMG_0124.jpg

what do i do?? i have no idea how to fix it! im using unibeast 5.0.1

Thanks gershy

I believe that I found a fix for the USB issue. You will need to download Kext Utility and the GenericUSB for Yosemite. You can find it here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/genericusbxhci/files/?source=navbar Once I installed that in place of the other file, I had no issues on reboot. I believe the version in the file is older than the current. Now to find a way to fix iMessage and everything will be perfect.

I believe that I found a fix for the USB issue. You will need to download Kext Utility and the GenericUSB for Yosemite. You can find it here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/genericusbxhci/files/?source=navbar Once I installed that in place of the other file, I had no issues on reboot. I believe the version in the file is older than the current. Now to find a way to fix iMessage and everything will be perfect.

do you know what my problem is??
(see above!)

Hey guys... i don't know if i'm lucky (maybe i am) but regardless the initial problems that i post before, i made a fresh installation of Yosemite, and everything works except audio for now, also for a very strange reason i didn't need to use Multibeast for nothing, Ethernet works, boot works, graphics works, everything included FaceTime, like i told you before maybe i'm a lucky guy, now i'll work on make the audio works...

Edit.
Audio working with a headset!! specifically with Corsair 1500 Vengeance... now trying to make the integrated audio to work...
Edit 2.
Also i made a test of Continuity, making a call through my iPhone using Yosemite works like a charm...

Hey guys... i don't know if i'm lucky (maybe i am) but regardless the initial problems that i post before, i made a fresh installation of Yosemite, and everything works except audio for now, also for a very strange reason i didn't need to use Multicast for nothing, Ethernet works, boot works, graphics works, everything included FaceTime, like i told you before maybe i'm a lucky guy, now i'll work on make the audio works...

Hey

For me I had to select my audio device in the setting and it started working.
7eec195f9d.png

Back