Contribute
Register

Guide: Unofficial ProBook Installer v5b2 + Video for how to use

Did you manage to install Mountain Lion using this tutorial?

• Yes, thank you.

Votes: 17 56.7%
  • No, I still have problems.

Votes: 13 43.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the 4530s-A7K05UT with F0A Bios
and the i3 2350M (2.3GHz) processor. I see many DSDTs for the 4530s but my only problem is I replaced the stock Realtek Wifi card with the Atheros AR5B195 so whenever I use the provided DSDT for my laptop it crashes due to the Wifi card being different. My question is can you customize the DSDT for my laptop so that all the hardware matches and it recognizes the newly installed wifi card or can you please tell me how to do it?

P.S- I also have the ATH-AR5B95 wifi card but its not installed
(I can install it if it makes life easier)

I have the 4530s-A7K05UT with F0A Bios
and the i3 2350M (2.3GHz) processor. I see many DSDTs for the 4530s but my only problem is I replaced the stock Realtek Wifi card with the Atheros AR5B195 so whenever I use the provided DSDT for my laptop it crashes due to the Wifi card being different. My question is can you customize the DSDT for my laptop so that all the hardware matches and it recognizes the newly installed wifi card or can you please tell me how to do it?

P.S- I also have the ATH-AR5B95 wifi card but its not installed
(I can install it if it makes life easier)

I don't think posting the same question to three different threads is going to help. Perhaps you should reply with more information, as at least one member (eschew) has already asked you for clarification (see post: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook/63348-hp-probook-installer-4-1b1-27.html#post408482).

Just a suggestion.

thank you for the installer, would have worked straight out of the box if i hadn't selected the wrong video card ktext!

Hi! I have Hackintosh desktop machine and im about to buy Probook 4530s with i3 cpu. Does this guide slash installer really work... cause this thread has been like dead for little time?

Hi! I have Hackintosh desktop machine and im about to buy Probook 4530s with i3 cpu. Does this guide slash installer really work... cause this thread has been like dead for little time?

A lot of us have used tegezee's ProBook installer and it works well. You might want to give it a try when you get your laptop.

Followed the instructions given in the video and ML is working so far! Thanks for that!
I still have some glitches (AMD HD 7470 deactivated in BIOS) . Bluetooth is always on? The special characters only work with the Windows button and are not really the ones shown on my keyboard. But anyway.. one important thing is missing: I've prepared my HDD for Win7 dual boot before Mac installation but I've no bootloader option screen. It boots Mac immediately. Any advice?

I am a complete nnubie and ordered my HP Probook 4530s. I believe mine has the wrong card. Is THIS the card I should go ahead and order?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/593127-001-...twork_Cards&hash=item4603393a7c#ht_2790wt_746

Many thanks in advance for everyones wonderful work!

I ordered that card and it worked successfully in my ProBook 4530s i3. I am only running 10.6.8 FYI. But the card should work either way.

Question I have: My OS X wifi utility does not seem to be able to auto locate networks. I have to know the name and type it in. Is that normal?

I ordered that card and it worked successfully in my ProBook 4530s i3. I am only running 10.6.8 FYI. But the card should work either way.

Question I have: My OS X wifi utility does not seem to be able to auto locate networks. I have to know the name and type it in. Is that normal?

Check your router to make sure you don't have your wifi network set as a hidden network, try and flush out your DNS caches and delete and reconfig your wifi to see if it help.

I am a relative noob to Hacks, and found that carefully following these resources (in order listed) allowed me to have first-pass success on a dual-boot ProBook 4430S (i5 2410M/Atheros/F.20/ML/Win7-32b) installation:

1. Unibeast/ML install guide
2. v5b2 installer and and instructional video from this thread
3. Bandysc's post in this thread detailing the terminal commands

Many thanks to all contributors for their time and dedication!

On my system, Mountain Lion is the default boot option. To boot Windows, the user needs to be alert and press/hold the '1' key immediately after the BIOS entry option screen is displayed; this will display the boot options in a text format (I do not have the graphic menu I have seen with Lion/other Hack dual-boot machines.) This is not an issue for me, but it might give some the impression that they cannot boot into Windows since the window of opportunity to boot Windows is subtle and very short.

Overall, my machine is solid with only a few minor annoyances to investigate/resolve, nothing that really interferes with functionality.

Thanks again to all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back