Contribute
Register

Guide: Unofficial ProBook Installer v5b2 + Video for how to use

Did you manage to install Mountain Lion using this tutorial?

• Yes, thank you.

Votes: 17 56.7%
  • No, I still have problems.

Votes: 13 43.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been lurking and lurking but I just got my Probook 4530s i3 and I am finally going to take the plunge this weekend. I'd prefer to get the hang of the standard Unibeast / Multibeast approach but am intrigued by the HP Probook installer specific scripts (I understand I still do Unibeast here).

Any thoughts on if the Multibeast approach is rock solid for the Probook yet and/or if the Probook installer scripts are the better option in any way?

Thanks!

Does this installer work on 10.8.1 ? my 10.8 automaticly updated it self and im afrraid to restart XD

I've been lurking and lurking but I just got my Probook 4530s i3 and I am finally going to take the plunge this weekend. I'd prefer to get the hang of the standard Unibeast / Multibeast approach but am intrigued by the HP Probook installer specific scripts (I understand I still do Unibeast here).

Any thoughts on if the Multibeast approach is rock solid for the Probook yet and/or if the Probook installer scripts are the better option in any way?

Thanks!
If you're confident enough to navigate within Multibeast multiple options, go ahead. The HP Probook installer is for lazy people like us who want a straightforward installation process.

Here's the video:

[video=youtube;b_7yPGRdBC0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_7yPGRdBC0[/video]

Here's the installer download link: http://cl.ly/1q182q100j2q

Please vote in the poll at the top of this page!!

Got a kernel panic? Let me know in the comments.

Thank you so much for your installer, but unfortunately I'm still getting a kernel panic .. Here's the photo http://i.imgur.com/fX1D0.jpg

.. Even I've deleted AppleIntelCpuPowerMangment.kext :'( .. Any fixes :/ ? ... Thanks in advance !

BTW I have ProBook 4530s Intel Core i5 2430m - F09 - RAM 4Gb .. And I have installed ML on my ProBook before using the official installer and it was very successful ... But now the official and yours is getting me a kernel panic !

Attachments

• oT9z7.jpg
    oT9z7.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 176
  • fX1D0.jpg
    fX1D0.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 193
UPDATE: I actually tried this process with both Multibeast and the HP Installer ... had varying forms of success with each.

1. Multibeast I got working but not audio and then ended up with Boot0 and kernel panic
2. ProBook Installer install went smoothly but just kernel panicked ...

One of the issues may be that I didn't get the BIOS downgraded to F.20 ... some have said that is important ... if so, help me ... but has anyone got a stable install of ML on F.27?

Really appreciate all you guys are doing.

UPDATE: I actually tried this process with both Multibeast and the HP Installer ... had varying forms of success with each.

1. Multibeast I got working but not audio and then ended up with Boot0 and kernel panic
2. ProBook Installer install went smoothly but just kernel panicked ...

One of the issues may be that I didn't get the BIOS downgraded to F.20 ... some have said that is important ... if so, help me ... but has anyone got a stable install of ML on F.27?

Really appreciate all you guys are doing.

I don't think BIOS rev matters. I have run mis-matched BIOS/ DSDT.aml before and didn't run into an issue. Not that I'm suggesting it. It is best to patch your own DSDT, but to do that you need a working Mac (or hack). Please let us know what options you used in tegezee's ProBook installer. You're probably just not using the right options.

And follow the instructions at first post in this thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook/63348-hp-probook-installer-4-1b1.html

You almost can't go wrong.

Can be fixed simply by booting with "-x -v -f" and delete AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext from /S/L/E! And the command is "sudo chmod +x -DRAG FILE HERE" but I said earlier -x because they asked me is it a "-s"? That's why I only answered its a -x. Let me know what happens.

Okay Ive booted with -x -v -f and no KP but how do I edit the kext file in /s/l/e ?
Thanks

Sorry for the lack of info!
I installed all according to the video and ended up with a kernal panic at "AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement"
So I booted with the flags -v -x- -f and no KP but the boot hangs at the above place!
i Was wondering how I edit the kext to solve this!
Thank you
John

Sorru for the lack of info!
I installed all according to the video and ended up with a kernal panic at "AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement"
So I booted with the flags -v -x- -f and no KP but the boot hangs at the above place!
i Was wondering how I edit the kext to solve this!
Thank you
John

You might consider using this guide/installer to install ML on 4530s: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook/63348-hp-probook-installer-4-1b1.html

It is easy, it is well tested, and it works.

Okay I finally almost got everything running!
I changed a few kext files and that seemed to clear things up!
I swapped out the realtek wifi with the atheros AR5b95h card and now when I boot the bios screened pops up with this is an unsupported WLAn card and will be disabled!
Then it boots into OSX and shows no wifi card installed!
So how do I get the bios to not disable the new wifi card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back