Contribute
Register

Guide: Unofficial ProBook Installer v5b2 + Video for how to use

Did you manage to install Mountain Lion using this tutorial?

• Yes, thank you.

Votes: 17 56.7%
  • No, I still have problems.

Votes: 13 43.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This method does not work for me. Running is only possible in -x mode... 4530s, core i5, 2450m, 8Gb, SSD 256, HD3000. In 10.7.4 fully work. In -v mode stop at Bluetooth run IOath3kfrmwr.kext not find device

Attachments

• ????046.jpg
    ????046.jpg
    840.3 KB · Views: 205
Everything works okay except WiFi ... Please help

Your wifi won't work, because you have got Realtek. Only Atheros will work.

Your wifi won't work, because you have got Realtek. Only Atheros will work.

Thanks for reply but you mean probook 4530s right?

yup, some Probooks 4530s have got realtek wifi, other have got atheros. Atheros will work after installing Probook installer 5. If it doesn't work you probably (99%) have got realtek, which never will work.

yup, some Probooks 4530s have got realtek wifi, other have got atheros. Atheros will work after installing Probook installer 5. If it doesn't work you probably (99%) have got realtek, which never will work.

Thank you for the answer, I will buy some usb adapter instead.

Thank you for the answer, I will buy some usb adapter instead.

Just buy a new wifi card directly from HP they can't be more than 40 bucks and they rock

Why is the ModBot deleting my posts? -_-

Because of the massive spam that gets into every your post?
idk what should I do, I've switched back to the basic editor. Let's see what happens! Ah, that fixed the issue :)

Hopefully I will recieve my new Probook 4530s tomorrow and first thing I will do is to install Mountain Lion on it. Do you suggest me to buy ML and use this Beta installer or should I install Lion using V4 and then upgrade, which would be best?

Thanks for the guide!
I'm going to do a fresh install of ML on my Probook 4730s. I want to dual boot into Win7 as seen in your vid. Can you describe me how I've to prepare the fresh install to make it work like you did? Install Win7 before or afterwards? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back