Contribute
Register

[Guide] Triple Boot OSX/Ubuntu/Win7 on GA H55M-USB3+GTX460

Status
Not open for further replies.
user137 said:
I've tried this with another method as well on Lifehacker
http://lifehacker.com/#!5698205/how-to-triple-boot-your-hackintosh-with-windows-and-linux, which only differs in a GTPSync step.

The results are the same - whenever I return to OSX for the final diskutil magic the OS boots and instantly freezes - most probably it's some corruption with the partitioning table as the OS tries to automount the other partitions as well.
I can get to the disk via booting from the retail OSX DVD, but I don't know what I need to edit.

I can provide fdisk and diskutil command outputs - any advice would be very welcome as now I think the error is not with me... :think:

I managed to solve this very shamefully - I did a reinstall of OSX onto the same partition. Linux boots just fine, but windows has lost it's roots somewhere and doesn't want to boot. Could someone give me an fdisk/gptsync output of all partitions to crosscheck?

I have a desktop with 2 hard disks. One hard disk is dedicated to a Hackintosh with the Snow Leopard. When I startup the Desktop boots in this OS. On the other hard disk I installed Windows 7. Whenever I need to boot up in Win7 all I need to do is press enter during the Chameleon startup page and I choose Win7.

Yesterday I decided to install Ubuntu on the partitioned hard disk on Win7. Now when I disconnected the hard disc with Mac, the startup sequence gave me an option to choose between Win7 and Linux. Both worked perfectly. However when I clicked in the hard disc with Mac, I could boot the Mac and I even got into Win7. When I clicked on Ubuntu then the following errors appeared:

mount: mounting /dev/sda3 on /root failed: No such device
mount: mounting /root on /host failed: Invalid argument
ALERT! /host/ubuntu/disks/root.disk does not exist. Dropping to a shell!

BusyBox v1.13.3 (Ubuntu 1:1.13.3-1ubuntu11) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands

(initramfs)

What should I do at this stage? I am so near ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back