Contribute
Register

[Guide] Triple Boot OSX/Ubuntu/Win7 on GA H55M-USB3+GTX460

Status
Not open for further replies.
JasonTechie said:
user137 said:
did you follow correctly the guide from the first post?

i think i did, but then again I might try again tonight :shifty:

did you figure it out?

no unfortunately i got to the same results... :( when booting back to OSX as last step, once the desktop comes on, the system freezes... or at least it seems I have no way to control it. mouse and keyboard have power from usb, but numlock is unresponsive. if I unplug-replug the USB, power does not come back to the keyboard or mouse. :| my build is the reference Hack Mini from Tony's Guide, except with a Gigabyte 8800GT rather than a GT240.

might be something with the disk's partitioning table... ? I'm checking a disk repair and then onto the other OS'es if they come up properly...

user137 said:
might be something with the disk's partitioning table... ? I'm checking a disk repair and then onto the other OS'es if they come up properly...

weird... I booted onto the OSX retail DVD. I got a single 160GB HDD to mess around with, so i tried sticking to the guide as much as i can. the original layout should be like this:
Partition 1: OSX hfs+
Partition 2: Ubuntu ext4
Partition 3: win7 NTFS

whereas what I'm seeing is:
P1: OSX, hfs+
P2: disk0s3: MS-DOS (FAT)
P3: Untitled, hfs+(!)

both non-osx partitions have been formatted to their respective filesystems, so somebody forgot to mention this to OSX disk-utility... :silent:

tried repairing the disk, but it's greyed out (repair and verify buttons)
tried repairing OSX partition, that had no problems.
tried repairing disk0s3, it says invalid sector size 0, can't repair
tried repairing p3, but the buttons are greyed out(??).

needless to say that windows will not boot, Ubuntu works without a glitch, though... o_O

Hi, is it possible if I install Windows 7 and OS X on two different drives? My primary harddisk for Windows 7 has only 60GB...

Note: My OS X installation on MSI X58A GD65 was successful until I boot into Windows and it crashed right after i restart it. BOOTMGR error.

hey firstly thanks for a great guide. Though i am having one problem which is that i firstly created 3 partitions and then installed mac on the first partition. Then i wen to the terminal and when i list the partitions i got only 3 partitions, so how how can i make partition 4 active. Again when i went to install windows 7 and went to the command prompt diskpart also shows me only 3 partitions. On making partition 3 active and continuing to the windows installation i selected the 3rd partition but windows refuses to install saying "windows cannot be installed to disk o partition 3 as the partition is a fat partition and not the ntfs. What should i do plz help me as i have mac running but need all the oses running. Thanks.

Can you please post some results from cinebench, opelgl extension viewer and / or geekbench?

Hi there,

I just tried it with Windows XP.
Is it possible that XP doesen't like ACHI mode? I can't boot into XP if have my Bios set like that.
What can I do to make XP do what I want? :(

EDIT:

I see, I have to install an AHCI-Driver for XP :)

I've tried this with another method as well on Lifehacker
http://lifehacker.com/#!5698205/how-to-triple-boot-your-hackintosh-with-windows-and-linux, which only differs in a GTPSync step.

The results are the same - whenever I return to OSX for the final diskutil magic the OS boots and instantly freezes - most probably it's some corruption with the partitioning table as the OS tries to automount the other partitions as well.
I can get to the disk via booting from the retail OSX DVD, but I don't know what I need to edit.

I can provide fdisk and diskutil command outputs - any advice would be very welcome as now I think the error is not with me... :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back