Contribute
Register

[Guide] Triple Boot OSX/Ubuntu/Win7 on GA H55M-USB3+GTX460

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, you should just type your password. This is the way console is working in unix-based OS'es. It will neither type any stars(**) when you type pass nor anything else.
When you've got a prompt for password just write it and press enter- processor is waiting for it, its not suspended :) Hope that was your problem, good luck!

--edited--
some grammar mistakes

Vivelee said:
Hi, you should just type your password. This is the way console is working in unix-based OS'es. It will neither type any stars(**) when you type pass nor anything else.
When you've got a prompt for password just write it and press enter- processor is waiting for it, its not suspended :) Hope that was your problem, good luck!

--edited--
some grammar mistakes

i got a prompt but i can't type any letters or numbers on it but if i press Ctrl+C it works but then again if i retry sudo fdisk -e /dev/disk 0 it'll prompt for password but agian i can't type anything. that's why i ca't proceed to the next step.

Unless you have some big issue with your instalation, You can type password- you just won't see that you're writing it.

Writing passwords in Mac OS is in 'invisible' mode- you cant even see that you're typing! Just try my method and believe- type password when command line asks for it and click enter- it will accept it :)

sting said:
Mac OS X
1) Boot with iBoot
2) Remove iBoot and insert Snow Leopard Retail Install disk
3) Press "F5" to refresh and select to start Snow Leopard installation disk
4) Start Disk Utility
5) Partition HDD to 3 partitions
(Partition 1 = Mac EXT with Journal > Label volumes as "Mac")
(Partition 2 = Win FAT32 > Label volume as "Linux")
(Partition 3 = Win FAT32 > Label volume as "Windows")
6) Quit Disk Utility
7) Install into "Mac" Volume
8) Once installation is completed, insert iBoot CD and reboot
9) At bootloader, select "Mac" Volume to get into the newly installed Snow Leopard
10) Copy files from thumbdrive to desktop
11) Install combo update 10.6.6 but do not reboot
12) Ensure DSDT is on desktop (in my case "DSDT-GA-H55M-USB3-F11.aml")
13) Run MultiBeast
multibeast.png

14) Remove iBoot CD, Reboot and Chameleon bootloader should start
15) Install Tonymac Nvidia driver
(HDMI video worked perfectly)

hi, you're right i figure it out but i can't boot to OS X with iBoot.

i tried step 13 and 14 but it didn't worked on my laptop. on my desktop it works fine.

but if i insert the iBoot disc again i can boot straight to my desktop.

btw, i check EasyBeast cuz i can't find DSDT for my lenovo laptop.

i follow what i've done to my desktop PC but it didn't work too.

is this a problem on most laptops? can't boot to HDD but can boot with iBoot?

When I do this "Inside Terminal type "sudo fdisk -e /dev/disk0" " ... It asks for a password. I did not setup any passwords moreover the keyboard does not type anything when I try to type anything. Only the ENTER key is working and after I hit ENTER three times it goes back to original field. How can I avoid this password thing? Please, help a n00b? Thanks

qeno said:
When I do this "Inside Terminal type "sudo fdisk -e /dev/disk0" " ... It asks for a password. I did not setup any passwords moreover the keyboard does not type anything when I try to type anything. Only the ENTER key is working and after I hit ENTER three times it goes back to original field. How can I avoid this password thing? Please, help a n00b? Thanks

just ignore if you can't see what you are typing then after typing your password in invisible mode hehe just press Enter and you'll see :)

Thanks for your help. The thing is I did not setup any passwords during the installation process! So, how can I perform this step without a password? I tried just pressing ENTER but it did not work either. Should I setup a password first? If yes, how?

Thanks

JasonTechie said:
qeno said:

just ignore if you can't see what you are typing then after typing your password in invisible mode hehe just press Enter and you'll see :)

qeno said:
Thanks for your help. The thing is I did not setup any passwords during the installation process! So, how can I perform this step without a password? I tried just pressing ENTER but it did not work either. Should I setup a password first? If yes, how?

Thanks

JasonTechie said:
qeno said:

just create a password for your account.

go to System Preferences > Accounts

are you using MBR here or GUIDPT?

I tried the method, all OS installed fine, but OSX cant boot into desktop properly, hangs after the desktop appears. with a disk utility check it gives the following errors:

invalid BS_impBoot at boot block 0000000
can't repair disk, backup and reformat, blabla...

I suspect I'm overlooking something :rolleyes:

update: removed ubuntu and another partition without problems, First Aid ran nicely without errors, still unable to do anything with the mouse right after reaching to desktop :(

user137 said:
are you using MBR here or GUIDPT?

I tried the method, all OS installed fine, but OSX cant boot into desktop properly, hangs after the desktop appears. with a disk utility check it gives the following errors:

invalid BS_impBoot at boot block 0000000
can't repair disk, backup and reformat, blabla...

I suspect I'm overlooking something :rolleyes:

update: removed ubuntu and another partition without problems, First Aid ran nicely without errors, still unable to do anything with the mouse right after reaching to desktop :(

of course GUIDPT, you can't install OS X on an MBR HDD.

did you follow the guide correctly from the first post?

i'm having problems before too when not follow the guide correctly :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back