Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Intel® HM76 Express Chipset (7 Series)
CPU
Intel Corei7 3517U 1.9Ghz
Graphics
Intel HD 4000
This guide works on all Toshiba Z30-A series (i5 and i7).

Note: If you don't now how to patch find the guides here at Tonymacx86 or just use my full clover folder that it will work. But it's better if you Patch your own ACPI files.

Specifications:
  • 4th Generation Intel Core i5-4310U (up to 2.59 GHz), but tested in i7-4510U too
  • 12GB LPDDR3 1866MHz
  • Intel(R) HD Graphics 4400
  • 256GB Solid State Drive (Toshiba NVMe)
  • 13.3 inch
  • Broadcom BCM94352Z M.2 NGFF WiFi Card

What Works:
  • Battery Indicator
  • Display Brightness Slider (FN+12 and FN+HOME)
  • Graphics (Intel HD4400 Acceleration)
  • Keyboard
  • Sound
  • NVMe SSD
  • Power Management
  • Touchpad (multitouch)
  • Video Output (HDMI and VGA)
  • Webcam

What Doesn't Work:
  • Default Wireless Card (replace with this one: BCM94352Z)

Errors Fix
  • SSDT-4.aml: Apply "Remove _PSS placeholders"

DSDT Patchs
  • "Fix _WAK Arg0 v2"
  • "HPET Fix"
  • "SMBUS Fix"
  • "RTC Fix"
  • "OS Check Fix"
  • "Fix Mutex with non-zero SyncLevel"
  • "Add IMEI"
  • “USB3 _PRW 0x06D”
  • “Brightness Fix”
  • “Rename GFX0 -> IGPU”

- First you need to create the Catalina USB installer following the tutorial from here https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...alina-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.285366/

- Download EFI Mounter v3 and mount the USB EFI partition.

- Remove if it have the appleps2controller.kext from USB/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Others and copy the VoodooPS2Controller.kext from PostInstall.zip(kexts) to the same place you removed the appleps2controller.kext.

- Boot the USB Installer and install Catalina normally(name the partition of installation to MAC, any doubt just search the forum for "how to install Catalina"

- After installation completed, boot again with USB installer and select MAC disk to bootup.

- Open terminal and put this code to enable root partition (read/write) access: sudo mount -uw /

- Download Multibeast (at this time, use the Mojave version), open it, select Bootloaders and select UEFI Boot Mode, choose Build option and click on Install

- After install Clover with Multibeast, open EFI Mounter v3 and replace the EFI folder with the one inside PostInstall.zip

- Install all the kexts inside the kexts folder with Hacktool (one by one, because it doesn't install all at once).

- Copy the "hda-verb" and "Jack fix" from Headphones Fix folder inside Postinstall.zip to /usr/bin ( to fix the headphones noise)

- Add the Jack fix script to your startup session

- Reboot, and voilá, you have Catalina working perfectly well on your Toshiba Z30-A.

Attachments

• PostInstall Z30-A.zip
    7.9 MB · Views: 1,094
Hello,
Will this work on my older Z30 with a SATA SSD instead of NVMe?

@jlsantos When Wi-Fi Adapter doesn't work, can i connect to internet with LAN cable?

This guide works on all Toshiba Z30-A series (i5 and i7).

Note: If you don't now how to patch find the guides here at Tonymacx86 or just use my full clover folder that it will work. But it's better if you Patch your own ACPI files.

Specifications:
  • 4th Generation Intel Core i5-4310U (up to 2.59 GHz), but tested in i7-4510U too
  • 12GB LPDDR3 1866MHz
  • Intel(R) HD Graphics 4400
  • 256GB Solid State Drive (Toshiba NVMe)
  • 13.3 inch
  • Broadcom BCM94352Z M.2 NGFF WiFi Card

What Works:
  • Battery Indicator
  • Display Brightness Slider (FN+12 and FN+HOME)
  • Graphics (Intel HD4400 Acceleration)
  • Keyboard
  • Sound
  • NVMe SSD
  • Power Management
  • Touchpad (multitouch)
  • Video Output (HDMI and VGA)
  • Webcam

What Doesn't Work:
  • Default Wireless Card (replace with this one: BCM94352Z)

Errors Fix
  • SSDT-4.aml: Apply "Remove _PSS placeholders"

DSDT Patchs
  • "Fix _WAK Arg0 v2"
  • "HPET Fix"
  • "SMBUS Fix"
  • "RTC Fix"
  • "OS Check Fix"
  • "Fix Mutex with non-zero SyncLevel"
  • "Add IMEI"
  • “USB3 _PRW 0x06D”
  • “Brightness Fix”
  • “Rename GFX0 -> IGPU”

- First you need to create the Catalina USB installer following the tutorial from here https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...alina-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.285366/

- Download EFI Mounter v3 and mount the USB EFI partition.

- Remove if it have the appleps2controller.kext from USB/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Others and copy the VoodooPS2Controller.kext from PostInstall.zip(kexts) to the same place you removed the appleps2controller.kext.

- Boot the USB Installer and install Catalina normally(name the partition of installation to MAC, any doubt just search the forum for "how to install Catalina"

- After installation completed, boot again with USB installer and select MAC disk to bootup.

- Open terminal and put this code to enable root partition (read/write) access: sudo mount -uw /

- Download Multibeast (at this time, use the Mojave version), open it, select Bootloaders and select UEFI Boot Mode, choose Build option and click on Install

- After install Clover with Multibeast, open EFI Mounter v3 and replace the EFI folder with the one inside PostInstall.zip

- Install all the kexts inside the kexts folder with Hacktool (one by one, because it doesn't install all at once).

- Copy the "hda-verb" and "Jack fix" from Headphones Fix folder inside Postinstall.zip to /usr/bin ( to fix the headphones noise)

- Add the Jack fix script to your startup session

- Reboot, and voilá, you have Catalina working perfectly well on your Toshiba Z30-A.

Hello, can bluetooth be activated or not? How should i do? Thank you.

Hi, @jlsantos, is sleep when the lid is closed working on your setup? I have a Portage Z30-C, very similar specs, but I am not able to make sleep by closing lid working. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back