Contribute
Register

Guide to make a bootable Recovery HD partition for clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi thanks for trying the guide I will attempt to assist you. How is you SIP securities setup on your system. Also did you attempt to run the terminal commands with sudo in front of them all like this
Code:
sudo diskutil mount /dev/disk0s10
Let me know if it works for you

I had not disabled sip, infact I was setting up the recovery partition in order to disable it..

Code:
still gives
Code:
Volume on disk0s10 failed to mount
If the volume is damaged, try the "readOnly" option

I had not disabled sip, infact I was setting up the recovery partition in order to disable it..

Code:
still gives
Code:
Volume on disk0s10 failed to mount
If the volume is damaged, try the "readOnly" option
SIP is easiest disable via clover config.plist it will disable it on the fly at boot up adding this will partially disable it where you can load unsigned kexts
Code:
[COLOR=#000000]<key>RtVariables</key>
<dict>
[/COLOR]         <key>BooterConfig</key>
         <string>0x28</string>
     <key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
     <string>0x3</string>
</dict>

to fully disable it change the 0x3 to 0x67 you can use clover configurator to make these changes also colver config.png
Im not sure but this may be needed to make the recovery hd setup like the guide mine was already disabled when i tested this please report back if it works i may need to update the guide to include this

SIP is easiest disable via clover config.plist it will disable it on the fly at boot up adding this will partially disable it where you can load unsigned kexts
Code:
<dict>
[/COLOR]         <key>BooterConfig</key>
         <string>0x28</string>
     <string>0x3</string>
</dict>

to fully disable it change the 0x3 to 0x67 you can use clover configurator to make these changes also View attachment 174033
Im not sure but this may be needed to make the recovery hd setup like the guide mine was already disabled when i tested this please report back if it works i may need to update the guide to include this

My config.plist has always read
Code:
<dict>
[/COLOR]        <key>BooterConfig</key>
         <string>0x28</string>
     <string>0x67</string>
</dict>

My config.plist has always read
Code:
<dict>
[/COLOR]        <key>BooterConfig</key>
         <string>0x28</string>
     <string>0x67</string>
</dict>
If your config.plist has these lines then sip is disabled and you shouldn't have any problems

I can confirm that sip is disabled.
Ok since your original problem is that clover can't see the partition would you like to post a compressed copy of your config.plist for me to compare it with mine to see if I can identify a problem with it and possibly make the needed changes to it so you will be able to view the recovery hd at the boot screen I will let you know what changes I make to it

Ok since your original problem is that clover can't see the partition would you like to post a compressed copy of your config.plist for me to compare it with mine to see if I can identify a problem with it and possibly make the needed changes to it so you will be able to view the recovery hd at the boot screen I will let you know what changes I make to it
Attached

Attachments

• config.plist
    9.9 KB · Views: 281
Everything works as expected in my boots of Yosemite.
But at the end i have this message:

recovery os x could not find installation information for this machine
contact applecare

Not much solutions for this over the net, many mac owner have that.
They suggest only to connect to the same network and try multiple times...
Safari works well, maybe not a network problem, more an authentication?
Done that multiples times...
Any clue?

Hi knox
Sorry for such a delayed response my mother passed and I have been busy helping my father move and put a lot of my hackintoshing on hold. However I think I may have found a solution to your problem within your config.plist I didn't have time to make the edits but what I recommend you do is make a usb with clover on it and move all your contents of your efi folder to it and edit the config.plist in the scan area change this section
Code:
 <key>Scan</key>        
 <dict>
        <key>Entries</key>
        <true/>
        <key>Kernel</key>
        <string>All</string>
        <key>Legacy</key>
        <false/>
        <key>Tool</key>
        <true/>
</dict>
to look like this
Code:
<key>Scan</key>
<true/>

I hope this help you may have to play around with this section to get it just how you like it let me know if it works if it does work change the config.plist on your system to match it or once you get it how you like it change it to match it
Carpentry

Everything works as expected in my boots of Yosemite.
But at the end i have this message:

recovery os x could not find installation information for this machine
contact applecare

Not much solutions for this over the net, many mac owner have that.
They suggest only to connect to the same network and try multiple times...
Safari works well, maybe not a network problem, more an authentication?
Done that multiples times...
Any clue?
Hi ovalf
Please describe your problem in more detail and include your specific hardware information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back