Contribute
Register

Guide to Installing Snow Leopard on HP Probook

I think it's the SSD. I have a external hard drive caddy I put it in and I plugged it via USB how ever the partitions wouldn't mount they were refusing to mount I also had issues erasing the drive I put my old SSD back in my 4530s and got no problems. I've done a refund with Amazon I'm going to get another one but I'm going to go with a Sandisk because I haven't had no issues with that. But it's a bit weird that the partitions wouldn't mount with the EVO 850 I think it's defective.

Good guid thanks rehabman
I arrive back to the furture.

I have only audio issue.
My sound patch 10.7~10.11 all works.
DSDT layout id + dummy file + clover fly patch.

But cant use in 10.6.8
Ioreg show work like 10.7~10.11.

I think clover fly patch is problem.

My codec is alc270. I have 5 applehda fly patch in clover config.plist

Last edited:
I have a bit of an issue, I had SL working on my probook a long time ago and always kept the install tucked away on a hard drive.
My friend's macbook pro somehow would not pass the log in screen (enter password, white screen then return to log in) so I tried recovery and lion installer wouldn't work because the drive is locked.
Disk util would not mount MacintoshHD.
I never did buy LION so i'm unable to source the same OS she had on there when it failed (not available on the app store) so I thought i'd use my SL install disk.
Sadly it just doesn't want to read, probably from the hours of use it had years ago when I was trying to get it to work on my ancient incompatible laptop lol.
ANYWAY, my logic and method now has to wipe the HD in ubunu (done)
Clone my SL install to her HD via USB (in process)
Leave her with SL until she can get hold of her old mac mini and hope the LION installer app is still there to use.

My problem is, as my install has been somewhat adapted for my probook, some things might not work properly E.G. there is currently no sound, no output device showing in the options.

Can you help me undo what has been changed so she has a working install?

I have a bit of an issue, I had SL working on my probook a long time ago and always kept the install tucked away on a hard drive.
My friend's macbook pro somehow would not pass the log in screen (enter password, white screen then return to log in) so I tried recovery and lion installer wouldn't work because the drive is locked.
Disk util would not mount MacintoshHD.
I never did buy LION so i'm unable to source the same OS she had on there when it failed (not available on the app store) so I thought i'd use my SL install disk.
Sadly it just doesn't want to read, probably from the hours of use it had years ago when I was trying to get it to work on my ancient incompatible laptop lol.
ANYWAY, my logic and method now has to wipe the HD in ubunu (done)
Clone my SL install to her HD via USB (in process)
Leave her with SL until she can get hold of her old mac mini and hope the LION installer app is still there to use.

My problem is, as my install has been somewhat adapted for my probook, some things might not work properly E.G. there is currently no sound, no output device showing in the options.

Can you help me undo what has been changed so she has a working install?

Purchase Snow Leopard DVD from Apple. Follow the guide in post #1.

Purchase Snow Leopard DVD from Apple. Follow the guide in post #1.
got one, it's not reading properly hence why i'm trying to clone it

Excuse the silly question but where is the UpdateHelper download in that link? Am I looking for a file called UpdateHelper?

hacking a probook 4530s...

Many thanks
Paul

Click on 'Resources' then page until you find UpdateHelper.

Back