Contribute
Register

Guide to Installing Snow Leopard on HP Probook

Hi RehabMan. Ive got a Problem with my Probook. After installing 10.6.8 on my SSD I'm kinda having some weird stuff happening. If i Reboot out of snow leopard i have a Smart read error at the BIOS. Rebooting out of windows or 10.9.5 or 10.11.4 its fine would you have any ideas?

Did you check your SMART status? May be something peculiar about the specific SSD you have...

Ive ran a app called Smart utility in OS X and it says its passed is there anyway i can check in windows or do you know a program i can run?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-04-07 at 00.59.38.png
    Screen Shot 2016-04-07 at 00.59.38.png
    93.5 KB · Views: 361
Ive ran a app called Smart utility in OS X and it says its passed is there anyway i can check in windows or do you know a program i can run?

Crystal Disk Info can display SMART data. Maybe the BIOS has an option to disable the SMART check.

I have this. Is this correct? if it is then it says that the SSD is 100% and theres no option in the bios. It keeps coming up now when I first turn on the laptop I don't get it tho.

Attachments

• crystal.jpg
    crystal.jpg
    431 KB · Views: 396
I have this. Is this correct? if it is then it says that the SSD is 100% and theres no option in the bios. It keeps coming up now when I first turn on the laptop I don't get it tho.

Looks healthy.

That's what I thought but I wonder why it does it then. I erased snow leopard but still does it. But if I reboot out of Windows 10 it doesn't do it it only seems to do it when I reboot out of OS X. It's weird.

That's what I thought but I wonder why it does it then. I erased snow leopard but still does it. But if I reboot out of Windows 10 it doesn't do it it only seems to do it when I reboot out of OS X. It's weird.

Make sure you have the latest firmware on your SSD.

I never used the Samsung EVO series on my 4530s. At the time I had the 4530s fitted with SSD, it was a Crucial M4.

I downloaded the tool to check the firmware and it's got the latest. I'll just ignore the message if it does die I can RMA with Samsung.

Hi RehabMan. Do you think i should send this Samsung EVO 850 SSD back i updated clover rebooted and that smart error came back what do you think i should do? actually what would you do?

Hi RehabMan. Do you think i should send this Samsung EVO 850 SSD back i updated clover rebooted and that smart error came back what do you think i should do? actually what would you do?

It is more a question for Samsung or HP. I have no issue with my Crucial M4 in my 4540s, and no issue with the Samsung 840 EVO in my u430.

Back