Contribute
Register

Guide to Installing Mountain Lion on HP Probook

ok i would take your word for it..but do u know if i would be able to get a core i3 ivy-bridge for this labtop?

The "shopping" part is up to you.

hahaha good one..lol...Well i had an non working sony vaio lying aorund with an core i3 ivybridge..i decided to try it last night and it didn't fit in the socket at all..So i think i will not take any chances..I would just look for a sandy bridge core i3 or core i5 that has the Intel HD4000 with it and see what happens..I would let u know how it goes..would be ordering today..thanks again for everything...

hahaha good one..lol...Well i had an non working sony vaio lying aorund with an core i3 ivybridge..i decided to try it last night and it didn't fit in the socket at all..

Probably different Ivy socket... (ULV maybe?).

The 4x40s series definitely supports Ivy CPUs. Most of them come with it.

So i think i will not take any chances..I would just look for a sandy bridge core i3 or core i5 that has the Intel HD4000 with it and see what happens..

No such thing as Sandy with HD4000. HD4000 is only on Ivy.

You should download the service manual for your laptop from HP.COM and read it so you know what you're looking for.

yeh that is what i have been using all along..They have the line up of all the cpus that the model comes with..Thanks for the heads up on the sandy-bridge hd4000 i taught it had..But what about the Intel HD3000..would i still be kinda ok?

Hello. I am new to the hackintosh forums and I am going to get the hp probook 4540s
It has an i5, HD 4000 and 4gb ram.
I am installing 10.8.4
Will it work? Same method? Thanks bro:crazy:

Hello. I am new to the hackintosh forums and I am going to get the hp probook 4540s
It has an i5, HD 4000 and 4gb ram.
I am installing 10.8.4
Will it work? Same method? Thanks bro:crazy:

Why 10.8.4?

I would recommend Mavericks. Follow the guide and it should work.

Wow fast reply :D
Mavericks :eek:
Sweet!
Any specific type of wireless card needed. Im gonna order one just in case the stock one doesnt work.
Will a Atheros AR9285 work

Thanks bro :D I cant wait to start hackintoshing
:clap:

Back