Contribute
Register

Guide to Installing Mountain Lion on HP Probook

4530s intel i3 8gb ram ati vga

4530s intel i3 8gb ram ati vga

So follow the guide I linked, then buy ML from the Mac App Store. Then follow the ML guide... Problem solved.

thanks a lot! tomorrow i'll try the tricks :)
i hope to write here next time from my new HP Prokintosh :mrgreen:

Updated from Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion. It's fantastic! Only 18€ for ML but i can see the difference between ML and SL!!! Thanks RehabMan for your support and your help! You rock! :thumbup:

Hello, if I buy the actual version from the Mac App Store (10.8.4) will it still work? If not, how can I manage to buy the 10.8 version to install it on my HP Probook 4530s 2430M Intel HD 3000? Thanks in advance

Hello, if I buy the actual version from the Mac App Store (10.8.4) will it still work? If not, how can I manage to buy the 10.8 version to install it on my HP Probook 4530s 2430M Intel HD 3000? Thanks in advance

Yes. 10.8.4 is supported by ProBook Installer v6.1.

Only 10.8.4 is sold at Mac App Store. You can't purchase any other version of 10.8.x at this point.

@ rehabman & all others that contributed to this thread & supporting work:

Thank you! My 4530s is running 10.8.4 beautifully. The Atheros 9285 card works well, with both 11n and Bluetooth connectivity. Sleep works perfectly also, __as_long_as__ I remember to turn _off_ my Bluetooth mouse before sleeping the computer.

Well done, guys!

hi
rehabman As you said to me earlier I fell in the trap of boot0

http://www.tonymacx86.com/25-boot0-error-official-guide.html

I saw this lesson, but I did not understand well:cry:
COPIED FROM http://www.tonymacx86.com/25-boot0-error-official-guide.html

How To Do it:
1. Install using UniBeast
2. Boot new installation using UniBeast.
3. Run MultiBeast and install as normal
4. Reboot system back into Lion installer.
5. Run Disk Utility and unmount the drive you installed OS Lion on.
6. Launch Terminal and execute the following command:

Code:
dd if=/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk0s2
7. Exit Terminal
8. Reboot Normally

replace "disk0s2" with your os x disk.if you dont know open terminal and type "diskutil list" hit enter a list of your partition will appear.find your os x disk and identifier.

Attachments

• macusb2.png
    macusb2.png
    17.8 KB · Views: 223
Back