Contribute
Register

Guide to Installing Mountain Lion on HP Probook

I have set the regdomain to 0x37 as I live in Netherlands.

Locale now shows ETSI
Country code is blank
Supported channels are 1 upto 13
Status is Not associated.

Make sure your IO80211Family and IONetworkingFamily kexts are vanilla. Do a fresh install if necessary.

You should try all USB ports (and a different USB stick -- USB2 sticks work best).

Also, reset BIOS settings then modify accordingly.

Also, redownload from the Mac App Store and re-create your USB.

Which sticks usually work best? 8 GB will do won't it. How long should boot to installer take?

I was already planning to re-create the stick. But have only a 32 GB A-Data stick here at the moment.

Which sticks usually work best? 8 GB will do won't it. How long should boot to installer take?

I was already planning to re-create the stick. But have only a 32 GB A-Data stick here at the moment.

An 8GB USB2 stick works the best. I use simple Sandisk sticks that come in 3-packs from Costco.

Make sure your IO80211Family and IONetworkingFamily kexts are vanilla. Do a fresh install if necessary.

Did as you suggested and did a fresh install. WiFi is working now. Now trying to get some 8GB sticks, I hope the USB2 version is still available. And then recreating the Yosemite installer. Thanks for your help so far.

Did as you suggested and did a fresh install. WiFi is working now. Now trying to get some 8GB sticks, I hope the USB2 version is still available. And then recreating the Yosemite installer. Thanks for your help so far.

The 3-pack sticks at Costco now are 16GB USB3... I use them without issue on my Lenovo u430.

Hi all,

I've followed the guide and everything works perfectly on a 4730s 2,3 GHz Core i5 running 10.8.5.

Only one annoying thing: After a wake from sleep, OS X "think" there is no keyboard/mouse and ask to connect a bluetooth one.

I'd like to disable bluetooth but I can't, it's greyed out...

Is there some workarounds ?

Thanks a lot!

Hi all,

I've followed the guide and everything works perfectly on a 4730s 2,3 GHz Core i5 running 10.8.5.

Only one annoying thing: After a wake from sleep, OS X "think" there is no keyboard/mouse and ask to connect a bluetooth one.

I'd like to disable bluetooth but I can't, it's greyed out...

Is there some workarounds ?

Thanks a lot!

SysPrefs->Bluetooth->Advanced. Uncheck the boxes.

I would like to ask something .

I have installed yosemite on my probook 4540s using clover installer . I just saw a video in youtube demonstrating mountain lion on 4540s with an i3 processor and 8gb ram , and hdd.

The video shows the mountain lion run insanely fast on this i3 processor whereas on my case using an i5 and 8gb ram it is much much slower opening apps , booting etc.

Is the mountain lion really that much faster than yosemite ? Because if it is i'm thinking of installing them over yosemite .

Here is the video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlPZnrq5uDQ

I would like to ask something .

I have installed yosemite on my probook 4540s using clover installer . I just saw a video in youtube demonstrating mountain lion on 4540s with an i3 processor and 8gb ram , and hdd.

That build is using an SSD. There is no HDD on earth that operates at that speed - in fairness the user does not say that they are not using an SSD.

You Tube videos showing MacBook Pros with and without SSD technology were very common some time ago.

Back