Contribute
Register

Guide to Installing Mountain Lion on HP Probook

Well I have just purchased a second hand Probook, 4530, model A6E08EA#ABU from e-bay.

Going to be a few days before it arrives.

I have started reading the guides,
down loaded probook installer, Uni beast 2.0.1, Multi Beast Mini-SSDT Duallink.aml and now re-downloading 10.8.4.

i had previously purchased it for my Mac pro Tower..but did not liek it so have put the Tower back to 10.6.8...ML Notes and Contacts are nto for me at all..so had to d/grade to SL.

Want to buy a real 15v inch MBP, but can't afford it at the moment so thought about a Hacinstosh laptop..and within hours of getting that thought, found this site and the info on the ProBook.

Have the latest v4 BIOS downloading now for the ProBook and am off to town later to get a new USB stick...funny how you can't find one in the house when you need one..usually they are everywhere .

So..what else can I do to prepare?

Or is some bright spark going to pipe up and tell me..."Oh ..did you miss the thread...XYZ>.." that particularly states that the version of the proBook you have bought won't work ?

A little confused as to what I need for the screen driver...if anything extra needed at all... Have seen talk of ..if you have upgraded screen resolution ..you need...XYZ..but this will be a stock machine..Model A6E08EA#ABU.

What else can I do to prepare? more RAM? SSD ? maybe keen to get stuck in , want to get prep'd

Many thanks

Neil

Well I have just purchased a second hand Probook, 4530, model A6E08EA#ABU from e-bay.

Going to be a few days before it arrives.

I have started reading the guides,
down loaded probook installer, Uni beast 2.0.1, Multi Beast Mini-SSDT Duallink.aml and now re-downloading 10.8.4.

You won't need Multibeast. We don't use it on the ProBook. And you won't need Mini-SSDT-DualLink.aml either unless the previous owner of your 4530s happened to have upgraded the screen to 1080p (unlikely).

i had previously purchased it for my Mac pro Tower..but did not liek it so have put the Tower back to 10.6.8...ML Notes and Contacts are nto for me at all..so had to d/grade to SL.

Want to buy a real 15v inch MBP, but can't afford it at the moment so thought about a Hacinstosh laptop..and within hours of getting that thought, found this site and the info on the ProBook.

Have the latest v4 BIOS downloading now for the ProBook and am off to town later to get a new USB stick...funny how you can't find one in the house when you need one..usually they are everywhere .

So..what else can I do to prepare?

Or is some bright spark going to pipe up and tell me..."Oh ..did you miss the thread...XYZ>.." that particularly states that the version of the proBook you have bought won't work ?

A little confused as to what I need for the screen driver...if anything extra needed at all... Have seen talk of ..if you have upgraded screen resolution ..you need...XYZ..but this will be a stock machine..Model A6E08EA#ABU.

What else can I do to prepare? more RAM? SSD ? maybe keen to get stuck in , want to get prep'd

All you need initially is this guide and maybe review the FAQ. It is possible that your laptop comes with a WiFi card other than Atheros and you will need to replace it.

Thanks for that. Don't think it has had screen upgraded.
Did wonder about Multibeast, but saw an article about not booting, then using multibeast to fix the issue.

How will I check the WiFi card...I guess boot first in to Wind and check the Device manager?

Just the wait then..thanks

Thanks for that. Don't think it has had screen upgraded.
Did wonder about Multibeast, but saw an article about not booting, then using multibeast to fix the issue.

That would be the boot0 problem, but even then, Multibeast is not part of the fix (the instructions are not very clear, but that part about Multibeast is "review" of what you already did).

How will I check the WiFi card...I guess boot first in to Wind and check the Device manager?

Yes. Or you can use Linux ('lspci -nn' in Terminal). Or you can use OS X (DPCIManager). Or you can physically inspect the FCC ID on the card.

This guide will work with a Probook 4520S (with a Celeron P4500)?

Thanks in advance

Thanks for your reply.

This one have a
Celeron P4500 (1,86GHz)
3GB Ram
Intel HD Graphics

I would like to install ML with this guide, but I don´t know if it would work.

You didn't follow the link.

You didn't follow the link.

I followed it, Im explaining my hardware as a question, for if you know if it could work with the 4530s mode (you said that are similar, and you like to know a lot of hackintosh). Thanks for all

I followed it, Im explaining my hardware as a question, for if you know if it could work with the 4530s mode (you said that are similar, and you like to know a lot of hackintosh). Thanks for all

I answered your (duplicate) question in the other thread.

Bottom line: 4520s is not a 4530s (they are one generation apart), and the ProBook Installer was not created to work with it.

Back