Contribute
Register

Guide to Installing Mavericks on HP Probook

I upgraded to Mavericks a couple months ago, and just today I realized that my 3/4 of my USB slots aren't working. The only one that works is the front right port. Any ideas what could be causing this?

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

I didn't see the correct values for all fields in the "build signature", so I'll just paste it here. I did update my information in my Profile though.

System: HP ProBook 4540s (Chameleon)
CPU: i5 3210M/HM76

I didn't see the correct values for all fields in the "build signature", so I'll just paste it here. I did update my information in my Profile though.

System: HP ProBook 4540s (Chameleon)
CPU: i5 3210M/HM76

Repatch DSDT according to the guide. Make sure GenericUSBXHCI is NOT installed.

Repatch DSDT according to the guide. Make sure GenericUSBXHCI is NOT installed.

Thanks RehabMan.

Last night I had to clear some space to make a Time Machine backup just in case I messed something up (and hadn't done one in a while) and I just got around to patching it, and all 4 of them seem to be working now.

hello,

Following the guide on the first page of this thread, i installed a perfectly working mavericks on a probook 4530s. Now i want to upgrade to yosemite and after doing some research i am confused. Should i migrate to clover first and then upgrade or should i directly upgrade. What is the easiest method that you will recommend and also could you give me some pointers on where i can find the guide. Thanks.

hello,

Following the guide on the first page of this thread, i installed a perfectly working mavericks on a probook 4530s. Now i want to upgrade to yosemite and after doing some research i am confused. Should i migrate to clover first and then upgrade or should i directly upgrade. What is the easiest method that you will recommend and also could you give me some pointers on where i can find the guide. Thanks.

Migrate to Clover first.

Would my settings, data be safe by migrating to clover first and then updating to yosemite ?

Would my settings, data be safe by migrating to clover first and then updating to yosemite ?

You should always have a backup. You may make a mistake, and HDDs can fail at any time for no particular reason.

So i had mavericks on 4530s. I updated it to yosemite using this guide http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-os-x-yosemite-using-unibeast-multibeast.html.

Now i have been successfully been able to update however the problem is that now my sound has died(it doesn't detect any audio device in output pane). I am a complete noob and used probook installer for post-installation setup for mavericks. However probook installer doesn't support yosemite and i have now idea how to enable sound.

Could anybody please guide me on how to get and install the appropriate kexts for the audio of probook 4530s. I'll be eternally grateful.

So i had mavericks on 4530s. I updated it to yosemite using this guide http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-os-x-yosemite-using-unibeast-multibeast.html.

Now i have been successfully been able to update however the problem is that now my sound has died(it doesn't detect any audio device in output pane). I am a complete noob and used probook installer for post-installation setup for mavericks. However probook installer doesn't support yosemite and i have now idea how to enable sound.

Could anybody please guide me on how to get and install the appropriate kexts for the audio of probook 4530s. I'll be eternally grateful.

Use Clover. Migrate your Mavericks install to Clover first, then update to Yosemite.

Back