Contribute
Register

Guide to Installing Mavericks on HP Probook

You should really read the guide more carefully. You need to re-patch your DSDT.

After i repatch dsdt it, it keep booting into safe mode. Can you guide me in the right direction.

i filled out my profile, the problem starts before i can use hp installer the resolution i gathered from intel driver for graphics

i needed to use mini SSDT for correct resolution

After i repatch dsdt it, it keep booting into safe mode. Can you guide me in the right direction.

Clear nvram boot-args:
Code:
sudo nvram -d boot-args

i needed to use mini SSDT for correct resolution

The mini-SSDT and 1600x900 or 1080p resolution is covered in post #1. Always read carefully.

You should update your profile as it states 1366x768...

Ok, I figure out what happening, don't know if is right now not, but the computer is working now.

I was on 10.9.0 and update 10.9.5 combo, rebooted the computer, and can't boot. Use the -f from unibeast usb stick and it still won't boot. Then I try -f -x, then it boot. Download the latest Probook Installer 6.1.13r, run the OS Kext for my laptop. Reboot, and everything seem to work fine, but then the brightness not working.

Guys up in forum suggest repatch DSDT, which I did, and it keep booting in safemode, no matter what I select for my DSDT. After several try and couple of hour playing with it, not working. I noticed I have a Probook Installer 6.1.9. And do the same thing with repatching DSDT, and viola, it working correctly now with brightness and 10.9.5. I have intel HD4000 1300x789, i5 2.59 Ivy, HP 8470p.

Just so you guy know, or maybe you all knew all it. Thank you for helping.

Ok, I figure out what happening, don't know if is right now not, but the computer is working now.

I was on 10.9.0 and update 10.9.5 combo, rebooted the computer, and can't boot. Use the -f from unibeast usb stick and it still won't boot. Then I try -f -x, then it boot. Download the latest Probook Installer 6.1.13r, run the OS Kext for my laptop. Reboot, and everything seem to work fine, but then the brightness not working.

Guys up in forum suggest repatch DSDT, which I did, and it keep booting in safemode, no matter what I select for my DSDT. After several try and couple of hour playing with it, not working. I noticed I have a Probook Installer 6.1.9. And do the same thing with repatching DSDT, and viola, it working correctly now with brightness and 10.9.5. I have intel HD4000 1300x789, i5 2.59 Ivy, HP 8470p.

Just so you guy know, or maybe you all knew all it. Thank you for helping.

You should not use an old version of the ProBook Installer.

Safe mode gets stuck if you don't clear the boot-args:
Code:
sudo nvram -d boot-args

You should probably run the latest ProBook Installer to install correct kexts/and repatch DSDT using it.

You should not use an old version of the ProBook Installer.

Safe mode gets stuck if you don't clear the boot-args:
Code:
sudo nvram -d boot-args

You should probably run the latest ProBook Installer to install correct kexts/and repatch DSDT using it.

If it's not properly with an old version Installer, how come it's running fine now.

Maybe that where I miss on the new Installer. Cuz it when I repatch DSDT, it keep booting to safe mode and don't know how to get out of it. Let me try that sudo command with the new installer to see if that work. Thanks.

If it's not properly with an old version Installer, how come it's running fine now.

You can do so at your own option, but realize you're running old code...

If you use the tools correctly, it works...

Maybe that where I miss on the new Installer. Cuz it when I repatch DSDT, it keep booting to safe mode and don't know how to get out of it. Let me try that sudo command with the new installer to see if that work. Thanks.

Once you boot safe mode (with -x) just once it is remembered in nvram. You need to to clear it to get out of safe mode. It is a bug (IMHO) in Chameleon.

Installed on a Prob0ok 4530s, i-3 2330M, Intel graphics, SSD Samsung Evo 120 gb, from the same usb-drive that i used before. Followed every step exactly as in the original post.

Problems i encountered: Sound, wi-fi, ethernet, memory card reader are not recognised. Also, ran the probook installer twice, just to make sure. Deactivated the default option in system setting so i could install software from anywhere.

Anyone has any ideas why?

Back