Contribute
Register

Guide to Installing Mavericks on HP Probook

No, I have Intel HD 4000. Screen brightness work with 10.9.0...but after the update, it doesn't work anymore... The slider goes up and down, but screen bright stay the same....

Should I move back to 10.9.0 when it was working?

No, I have Intel HD 4000. Screen brightness work with 10.9.0...but after the update, it doesn't work anymore... The slider goes up and down, but screen bright stay the same....

You should really read the guide more carefully. You need to re-patch your DSDT.

Hi, i follow the guide to install mavericks on 6460b with hp installer, no lucky, it seems that i cant show internal display, only display port it seems work, any hints?

Hi, i follow the guide to install mavericks on 6460b with hp installer, no lucky, it seems that i cant show internal display, only display port it seems work, any hints?

It sounds like you didn't patch DSDT correctly.

List the options you chose in the ProBook Installer, and update your profile to reflect your hardware configuration.

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Maybe i omitted others info :D, when i start for first time unibeast stick with some boot switch like -x GraphicsEnabler=Yes or No, it's' impossibile to view built-in screen, after connected to DP i can ultimate installation with correct DSDT picked up from pre-compiled DSDT in HP installer.but after rebooting, i'm in first situation, only external display connected to DP seems to work.

Maybe i omitted others info :D, when i start for first time unibeast stick with some boot switch like -x GraphicsEnabler=Yes or No, it's' impossibile to view built-in screen, after connected to DP i can ultimate installation with correct DSDT picked up from pre-compiled DSDT in HP installer.but after rebooting, i'm in first situation, only external display connected to DP seems to work.

There are no "pre-compiled" DSDTs in the ProBook Installer.

Please read post #1462 carefully.

In HP installer you can choice DSDT for laptop

In HP installer you can choice DSDT for laptop

No. There is only several options for patching your DSDT. There are no "pre-compiled choices."

Refer to my previous post where I asked what options you chose in the ProBook Installer. You still have not answered any questions I had, and you still have not filled out your profile with your hardware details.

i'm installing windows to get information you need via cpuz

i'm installing windows to get information you need via cpuz

You have most of the information in your profile now (except chipset, which we can assume is HM6x).

Also, from your profile, I am to assume you do not have Radeon.

But you have not listed the specific options you chose in the ProBook Installer.

Back