Contribute
Register

Guide to Installing Mavericks on HP Probook

AFAIK, upgrades should not affect the boot1h on the PBR of your Mavericks partition.

Upgrades to Windows may affect your bootloader situation (Windows may try to install its bootloader).
Hmm okay. I've used Windows on here like 3 times, but maybe one time it had an OS update or something that ruined it.

My touchpad isn't responding after I woke it up from sleeping. Does someone know how to fix this issue? it was working fine. I restarted the laptop bu that didn't help. :confused:

My laptop model is 4530s.

I have a Probook 4530s with Dual Boot (ML/Win7). I upgraded to Mavericks using the guide in the first page. I followed the instructions for the upgrades (No partitioning etc...)
Now I am getting kernel panic.

What did I do wrong? How do I fix it? I searched and found this one looks similar.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-panic-after-updating-maverikcs-10-9-2-a.html
But I am unable to follow the instructions there. There is something about -f which I really don't understand.

Thanks
George

Attachments

• 2012-07-20 01.54.01.jpg
    2012-07-20 01.54.01.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 124
I have a Probook 4530s with Dual Boot (ML/Win7). I upgraded to Mavericks using the guide in the first page. I followed the instructions for the upgrades (No partitioning etc...)
Now I am getting kernel panic.

What did I do wrong? How do I fix it? I searched and found this one looks similar.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-panic-after-updating-maverikcs-10-9-2-a.html
But I am unable to follow the instructions there. There is something about -f which I really don't understand.

Thanks
George

Upgrade instructions are in post #1. Please read it.

Just wanted to thank everyone who has contributed to this. I got my laptop new pro book today and within half an hour had it all working perfectly. And i love it.

So thank-you to anyone who contributed.

I have a 8470p with i5 1300x768, i updte from 10.9.0 to 10.9.5 and get kernel panic, appleintelcpupowermsnagement

Boot from unibeast and do -f and get a kernel panic iousbinterface

Any ideas?

Never , i do a -f -x in unibeast and able to boot in safe mode and run my probookinstaller and it work now. Thank

Edited: Now everything work, but the brightness control doesn't work anymore? Can't dim the screen, just stay at max?

Edited: Now everything work, but the brightness control doesn't work anymore? Can't dim the screen, just stay at max?

You only have nvidia, no Intel HD graphics?

You only have nvidia, no Intel HD graphics?

No, I have Intel HD 4000. Screen brightness work with 10.9.0...but after the update, it doesn't work anymore... The slider goes up and down, but screen bright stay the same....

Back