Contribute
Register

Guide to Installing Mavericks on HP Probook

Probably an issue with the partition setup on the HDD. Clean it first with Windows diskpart.

If you plan to use Clover, follow the Clover sticky guide.

Thank your sir, I will try this out. Should I use the clean or clean [all] command?

Thank your sir, I will try this out. Should I use the clean or clean [all] command?

The command 'clean' (without 'all') will be adequate to erase all partition data.

The command 'clean' (without 'all') will be adequate to erase all partition data.

Damn it man... that totally worked. Booted to windows 8 usb key, command prompt> diskpart> list disk> select disk #> clean

sweet deal!

Did you use to help people in an channel on IRC? Years ago? I vaguely remember a guy who was a hackintosh mac wiz who went by the handle something to the effect of radar or something like that... that isnt you by some strange chance is it?

Damn it man... that totally worked. Booted to windows 8 usb key, command prompt> diskpart> list disk> select disk #> clean

sweet deal!

Great...

Did you use to help people in an channel on IRC? Years ago? I vaguely remember a guy who was a hackintosh mac wiz who went by the handle something to the effect of radar or something like that... that isnt you by some strange chance is it?

No. First time I ever used a Mac was when I started trying to hack my 4530s a little over two years ago...

Great...

No. First time I ever used a Mac was when I started trying to hack my 4530s a little over two years ago...

That's awesome anyway! You truly have a gift .... thanks for sharing it with us all!

Hey guys, I really need some help...

Today I updated to Clover as well as 10.9.5 and I have a few problems. Non UEFI boot gives me Kernel panic with the cpu power management kext. Not a big deal as I can but with UEFI just fine.

My main problem is no basic sound output and input. HDMI video is working fine, but no HDMI sound either. My USB audio interface is the only way I can get sound at this point.

Can anyone help me with these problems please? Thanks very much! Looking forward to hearing your solutions. :beachball:

Jamal

Hey guys, I really need some help...

Today I updated to Clover as well as 10.9.5 and I have a few problems. Non UEFI boot gives me Kernel panic with the cpu power management kext. Not a big deal as I can but with UEFI just fine.

To be expected. You are probably lacking a patch to AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext. The Clover PBI does not patch it as it is patched as it is loaded via Clover.

My main problem is no basic sound output and input. HDMI video is working fine, but no HDMI sound either. My USB audio interface is the only way I can get sound at this point.

Do you have AppleHDAIDT.kext in /S/L/E? Did you rebuild cache?

I have indeed rebuilt the cache with KextWizard a few times after upgrading/repairing permissions/rebooting. Nada. Here is a screen cap of S/L/E, you can see those kexts are present

Screen Shot 2014-09-20 at 10.43.04 AM.png

Back