Contribute
Register

Guide to Installing Mavericks on HP Probook

I though i didn't need to patch DSDT :rolleyes:

See step #14, post #1, DSDT section.

Thanks a lot. Subject - HP DV7 6053-er Core i 7, 8 GB RAM, Intel3000. The first attempt was not successful. The installation hanged. Then I carefully read the instruction and that guided me to the right direction. I placed my current DSDT.aml from M.Lion into /Extra on the flashdrive. The install screen was reached finally. After that everything was casual. Many many thanks go to RehabMan.

Hi KLN,

I have the same HP model as yours, would you please share your DSDT.aml with me? I don't have any previous MAC OS installations to use this file from.

Many thanks in advance,
Ilya

On 4730s with 10.8.5, when I upgrade to 10.9 my graphics is tearing (intel 3000). I restored back to 10.8.5 with CCC.

I tried it all, and I followed the guide exactly as you said.

Can you give me some advice please.

1600x900 tried with SwitchResX and without it. Maybe bios problem?

On 4730s with 10.8.5, when I upgrade to 10.9 my graphics is tearing (intel 3000). I restored back to 10.8.5 with CCC.

I tried it all, and I followed the guide exactly as you said.

Can you give me some advice please.

1600x900 tried with SwitchResX and without it. Maybe bios problem?

I would have to see your ioreg after booting with "-f". http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

It sounds as if HD3000 drivers were not loading...

I'm going through the install process right now with my ProBook 4530s..

I'd suggest updating the below.. the instructions are written:

"3. Exit Disk Utility, and run Unibeast, installing to that flash drive. When installing, be sure to select "Laptop Support." Then select your flash drive to install it to. Let it finish to create your Unibeast USB flash drive."

Should be "When installing, be sure to select "Laptop Support and Mac App Store Mavericks - 10.9"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My 4530s has a High-Rez screen so needed to install the SSDT.aml file in the invisible /Extra folder located on the Install USB drive. I tried to use iShow Invisables app but doesn't seem to work in Mavericks.

So I used the Terminal..
Here's the Terminal command to show hidden files:

Code:
defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles -boolean true
killall Finder

Here's the Terminal command to hide hidden files:

Code:
defaults delete com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles
killall Finder

That's pretty much it!

Installed Mavericks as a clean install. Followed the Instructions to the letter. Was a super easy install and all is running great!

Thanks ReHabMan!

I'm going through the install process right now with my ProBook 4530s..

I'd suggest updating the below.. the instructions are written:

"3. Exit Disk Utility, and run Unibeast, installing to that flash drive. When installing, be sure to select "Laptop Support." Then select your flash drive to install it to. Let it finish to create your Unibeast USB flash drive."

Should be "When installing, be sure to select "Laptop Support and Mac App Store Mavericks - 10.9"

Yeah, it goes back and forth. For a while we had separate versions of Unibeast for Lion vs. ML (so the option wasn't present), then we had one that was a combo, now we have one that handles all three. It seems pretty obvious to me that you must select that option, so I don't think a lot of people will be tripped up.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My 4530s has a High-Rez screen so needed to install the SSDT.aml file in the invisible /Extra folder located on the Install USB drive. I tried to use iShow Invisables app but doesn't seem to work in Mavericks.

You can also just use Finder's Go -> Go to Folder option and type "/Volumes/Installer/Extra"

Nice to hear everything is running...

Thanks!

"You can also just use Finder's Go -> Go to Folder option and type "/Volumes/Installer/Extra""

Yeah I went back and re-read that paragraph. It's in there but kinda buried so I missed it. :lol:

Wow I was running 10.7 and with 10.9 everything runs smoother, faster, and everything works like it should.

Thanks everyone!

Chameleon <--> Clover NVRAM Mac App Store
Sorry, I don't know where or who to give this info to but thought that the HP ProBook forum would want to know...I have a pre-App Store Aperture license and found that through my 4530s HP Probook Installer w/ Chameleon I was unable to upgrade from 3.4.2 to 3.5. I found this post: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/top.../#entry1959322 which talks about this issue enough to lead me to update Aperture using my Mac Mini so that it appears in the App Store purchases section, allowing me to then upgrade on my 4530. The post mentions a Clover bootloader allowing this upgrade on a MACgyver.

PS, not sure whose attention to bring this to but thought this would be a good place and have been helped by Rehabman in the past. Thanks much!

Read the guide carefully. It states:

In addition, if you have a different partition layout, you will need to make slight changes to the command. Use 'diskutil list' to determine the names of your various partitions to be certain you're copying the boot1h file to the correct PBR.

I did check on that, but it's not working. Well, I don't know if this is true. I format the HD in MBR instead of GUID. Don't know if that is matter.

Partition the HD into 2 parttion, 1. Mavericks HD and 2. Local Drive
I check on System info on Mavericks HD, it said dev/disk0s2 and Local Drive is dev/disk0s1

So I went in the installer, and unmount both. Then ran the Terminal command
dd if=/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk0s2

Finished, boot up, it said no operating system. Don't know, or I could leave it as 1 partition, and deal with it.

One more problem:

The computer is not sleeping right... When I hit sleep, it turn off, pretending it goes to sleep, then about 5 or 10 second later, it turn back on. My computer is 8470p, don't know if this make a different. On the Probook Install, there is a sleep fix, don't know if I should try this?

Back