Contribute
Register

Guide to Installing Mavericks on HP Probook

well then should i backup my important personal files to my my book live and do a fresh install i have the usb stick

That's fine and probably worth a shot, but in post #221 you stated it was a fresh install according to the guide...

it should have been but i had things on the usb installer i just figured it out

- - - Updated - - -

well I'm gonna do a fresh install now see ya

um rehab i just got finished with my fresh install and now it doesn't recognize the wifi card at all even with the new modified dylib any ideas i think this is something to do with software because like i said earlier it did recognize the card now it doesn't please help me:banghead:

um rehab i just got finished with my fresh install and now it doesn't recognize the wifi card at all even with the new modified dylib any ideas i think this is something to do with software because like i said earlier it did recognize the card now it doesn't please help me:banghead:

Double check that it is installed (eg. install just that option again via ProBook Installer).

Note: It could be that you cannot install it all at once. Because that would be order dependent with regard to the packages.

thank you so much as of now i am typing this via wifi you are awesome thanks for your help rehab

android.png

10-23-2013, 07:02 PM #24

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by ranchu
OK so I have just upgraded my 4540s ivy from 10.8.4 to 10.9 successfully.
I also got stuck at black screen during first few tries with various boot flag combinations (-x -f PCIRootUID, GE).
Then I added two new boot flags that RehabMan mentioned a few posts above: IGPlatformID=01660003 IGPEnabler=Yes
And voila, the installation did go smoothly. Then I use flag -f after the first reboot, rerun HP Probook installer,... just like the guide said.
So I make a quick assumption: for owners of 4x40s Ivy (default LCD screen) the boot flags you need when installing Mavericks is:
IGPlatformID=01660003 IGPEnabler=Yes -x PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No

I already tried those on my 4340s ivy and it did´t work...hope another person with same machine can test...i think i did not make any mistake (tried it 2 times)​

Upgraded from 10.8.5 to 10.9. This boot flag combination works :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Upgraded from 10.8.5 to 10.9. This boot flag combination works :)

For the 4540s (Ivy, standard screen), entering only "IGPEnabler=No" works for a USB installer created by Unibeast 3.0.

Note: Just installing now. I'm not to the point of booting the install on the SSD yet...

Edit: On second boot (after OS X installer restarts) booting from SSD/HDD, you need only "IGPEnabler=No -x"

Maybe it is time to re-create your Unibeast USB... And when you boot Mavericks installer via USB, give it plenty of time. It is slow.

got it working, just connected an external monitor over HDMI then i could get into the setup and still got everything working.
just now from time to time the display freezes and i can't do anything other than turning power off, sound is still running on...
anyone else has this issue?

I have a problem, after install OSX Mavericks, it install fine. But it won't boot from the hard drive, I have to boot it with USB Installer.

Error when boot up:

boot0: GPT
boot0: test
boot0:test
boot0: error

So, what happen here... I have one hard drive 720GB, divided in 2 partition. I mark first partition as active. How come it's still not booting from the HD. Any help appreciated.

I have a problem, after install OSX Mavericks, it install fine. But it won't boot from the hard drive, I have to boot it with USB Installer.

Error when boot up:

boot0:test
boot0: error

So, what happen here... I have one hard drive 720GB, divided in 2 partition. I mark first partition as active. How come it's still not booting from the HD. Any help appreciated.

Boot0 error caused by 4k/AF drive. This is covered in the guide (see step 15).

Back