Contribute
Register

Guide to Installing Mavericks on HP Probook

Like i wrote before. Everything works great now.

Can I remove somehow those unneeded kexts? Cause my little snitch doesn't work anymore.

Like i wrote before. Everything works great now.

Can I remove somehow those unneeded kexts? Cause my little snitch doesn't work anymore.

Probably. As you can see Mavericks is not loading little snitch anyway (they must have discovered an incompatibility, so they decided to disable it). As far as the others, only you can know why they are installed.

Probably. As you can see Mavericks is not loading little snitch anyway (they must have discovered an incompatibility, so they decided to disable it). As far as the others, only you can know why they are installed.

I wanted to upgrade to version 3.3, which is compatible with Mavericks. But it don't let me, gives me an error, that I have to repair permissions on my MAC OS X partition. But if I have done that, it gives me the same error all over again.

I could send you the log file, but it is pretty long. Allways tells me permission denied/operation not permitted.

I wanted to upgrade to version 3.3, which is compatible with Mavericks. But it don't let me, gives me an error, that I have to repair permissions on my MAC OS X partition. But if I have done that, it gives me the same error all over again.

I could send you the log file, but it is pretty long. Allways tells me permission denied/operation not permitted.

You could look at your /var/log/install.log to see the cause of the failure.

Question. I have a dual boot SSD. I think i created the disk following your website but I do not remember. I would like to do a fresh install but again with a partition for W7. Should I follow again your website. If i recall correctly, it was designed for Lion. I preseume it would be the same thing but I wanted to doble check. thanks

Question. I have a dual boot SSD. I think i created the disk following your website but I do not remember. I would like to do a fresh install but again with a partition for W7. Should I follow again your website. If i recall correctly, it was designed for Lion. I preseume it would be the same thing but I wanted to doble check. thanks

You can do a fresh install of Mavericks without affecting your Windows install. Simply erase the target partition for Mavericks before starting the Mavericks installer.

RehabMan,

Again, thank you for your work and precise installation instructions.

May I ask two (hopefully) quick questions about my 4530s?

First, if I am going from 10.7.5 to 10.9, are there any additional steps that might be prudent? I have ProBook Installer v6.1.2 (the last version not marked as 'beta' at the time) installed.

Second, would you recommend a new version of the ProBook Installer recommended as the latest includes "several Mavericks-related fixes"?

RehabMan,

Again, thank you for your work and precise installation instructions.

May I ask two (hopefully) quick questions about my 4530s?

First, if I am going from 10.7.5 to 10.9, are there any additional steps that might be prudent? I have ProBook Installer v6.1.2 (the last version not marked as 'beta' at the time) installed.

Second, would you recommend a new version of the ProBook Installer recommended as the latest includes "several Mavericks-related fixes"?

Follow the guide for updating in post #1 of this thread. The latest version of the ProBook Installer is 6.1.9. It is linked in this guide.

Follow the guide for updating in post #1 of this thread. The latest version of the ProBook Installer is 6.1.9. It is linked in this guide.

Thank you.

To be clear, upgrading from 10.7.5 Lion requires the same steps outlined in post #1 as upgrading from 10.8.X Mountain Lion?

Thank you.

To be clear, upgrading from 10.7.5 Lion requires the same steps outlined in post #1 as upgrading from 10.8.X Mountain Lion?

Well, it hasn't been tested, but it should work the same way (even SL to Mavs should be possible).

Back