Contribute
Register

Guide to Installing Mavericks on HP Probook

Hi Guys, can anyone please explain step 4a to me please?

ie. you must copy a "mini SSDT" to the Unibeast flash drive as /Extra/ssdt.aml. So, copy the Mini-SSDT-DualLink.aml from your Downloads to the clipboard,

I have a 1080p display on a 4530s
But I have no idea what a mini SSDT is or how I extract it

Help!? pls

OK so I have just upgraded my 4540s ivy from 10.8.4 to 10.9 successfully.
I also got stuck at black screen during first few tries with various boot flag combinations (-x -f PCIRootUID, GE).
Then I added two new boot flags that RehabMan mentioned a few posts above: IGPlatformID=01660003 IGPEnabler=Yes
And voila, the installation did go smoothly. Then I use flag -f after the first reboot, rerun HP Probook installer,... just like the guide said.
So I make a quick assumption: for owners of 4x40s Ivy (default LCD screen) the boot flags you need when installing Mavericks is:
IGPlatformID=01660003 IGPEnabler=Yes -x PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No

after install probook installer 1.6.8.1 on my probook 4430s => no wifi, battery, sound and speed step has problem. pls help me

OK so I have just upgraded my 4540s ivy from 10.8.4 to 10.9 successfully.
I also got stuck at black screen during first few tries with various boot flag combinations (-x -f PCIRootUID, GE).
Then I added two new boot flags that RehabMan mentioned a few posts above: IGPlatformID=01660003 IGPEnabler=Yes
And voila, the installation did go smoothly. Then I use flag -f after the first reboot, rerun HP Probook installer,... just like the guide said.
So I make a quick assumption: for owners of 4x40s Ivy (default LCD screen) the boot flags you need when installing Mavericks is:
IGPlatformID=01660003 IGPEnabler=Yes -x PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No

I already tried those on my 4340s ivy and it did´t work...hope another person with same machine can test...i think i did not make any mistake (tried it 2 times)

I already tried those on my 4340s ivy and it did´t work...hope another person with same machine can test...i think i did not make any mistake (tried it 2 times)

Try with:
GraphicsEnabler=No IGPlatformID=01660003 IGPEnabler=Yes -v

And... be patient.

after install probook installer 1.6.8.1 on my probook 4430s => no wifi, battery, sound and speed step has problem. pls help me

Sounds like you didn't create a patched DSDT and didn't select SSDT options. Is this a fresh install or an upgrade? Make sure you followed the guide carefully.

Hmm... Ok

So the HP Probook seems to be the best choice if you want to go hackintosh on your laptop.

But the one thing that i would love to know is:

What Probook Model is the MOST compatible for Mavericks? The Model that makes you suffer the least pain in the ass.

I know that i cannot expect any Probook Model to work the same way as a macbook but still...

Please let me know! Thanks

Hmm... Ok

So the HP Probook seems to be the best choice if you want to go hackintosh on your laptop.

But the one thing that i would love to know is:

What Probook Model is the MOST compatible for Mavericks? The Model that makes you suffer the least pain in the ass.

I know that i cannot expect any Probook Model to work the same way as a macbook but still...

Please let me know! Thanks

As long as you follow the guide and have compatible hardware (eg. WiFi) they are all pretty equal. There are enough pro/cons to each one to make it a wash, I think.

It is best to get a ProBook without discrete (Radeon) graphics so you don't have that hassle and the extra (useless) device stealing electrons from your battery.

So I got it now working. Everything works, except for sound. What could be wrong here?

Back