Contribute
Register

Guide to Installing Mavericks on HP Probook

Thanks a lot. I would also like to keep the old install for comparison. How can I boot both?

Not recommended. You can try Clover boot with a USB. But keep in mind that certain files must be restored to vanilla for proper Clover configuration. For example, AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext should be vanilla with Clover, as it is hot-patched with AsusAICPUPM=true, but it is patched on disk for Chameleon.

Not recommended. You can try Clover boot with a USB. But keep in mind that certain files must be restored to vanilla for proper Clover configuration. For example, AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext should be vanilla with Clover, as it is hot-patched with AsusAICPUPM=true, but it is patched on disk for Chameleon.

Thanks. So a clean single clover install would be the norm from now on you reckon

Thanks. So a clean single clover install would be the norm from now on you reckon

Yes, if you're going to move to Clover... you use only Clover.

Hi,

I have upgraded my hp probook 4430 from 10.8 to 10.9 following your guide. Everything works fine except the screen brightness. In 10.8 i have used blikscreen workaround for screen brightness. But in 10.9, the screen brighness changes to a lower level after login, and after that i cant adjust the brightness. Is there any solution to this ??

Hi,

I have upgraded my hp probook 4430 from 10.8 to 10.9 following your guide. Everything works fine except the screen brightness. In 10.8 i have used blikscreen workaround for screen brightness. But in 10.9, the screen brighness changes to a lower level after login, and after that i cant adjust the brightness. Is there any solution to this ??

Did you re-patch DSDT per the guide?

http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-mavericks/112383-guide-install-mavericks-clover-bootloader.html

No. I didnt use that guide. I just followed the steps in this guide.

Should I repatch the DSDT ? If yes can ypu please guide me how ?

You need to re-patch DSDT. It is in the guide.

You need to re-patch DSDT. It is in the guide.
This guide is for installing mavericks with clover bootloader right ? But currently I am with Chameleon. So should I migrate to clover to do the re-patching ? If so, is there any solution to fix this with chameleon itself ?

This guide is for installing mavericks with clover bootloader right ? But currently I am with Chameleon. So should I migrate to clover to do the re-patching ? If so, is there any solution to fix this with chameleon itself ?

Re-patching DSDT is covered in the guide. Please read it.

You will create a Clover USB per guide. Then install over your existing installation (without erasing it). Then patch DSDT and do post-install per-guide. After that you'll be booting via Clover... migration to Clover complete.

Hi Rehabman. This maybe off-topic. But with Clover Hotpatch for mavericks with the kexts which I'm using in 10.11.4 be the same for Mavericks? Thanks.

Back