Contribute
Register

Guide to Installing Mavericks on HP Probook

here you go

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-11-06 at 11.25.10.png
    Screen Shot 2013-11-06 at 11.25.10.png
    75.1 KB · Views: 93
I have problem by repatch DSDT from Probook Installer .9 to .10 by followed to 'BIOS updates/hardware upgrades' guide, but after boot by flag -f I struck with Apple boot screen.

Tried with -v and last message is '[iobluetoothhcicontroller] -- completed

Tried with GraphicsEnabler=yes/no, -x, -v but no luck.

If you patched your DSDT improperly by choosing the wrong options, boot DSDT=null again and redo it, selecting the appropriate options for your hardware.

Maybe you have a corrupt ProBook Installer? Check md5 sum.
seems odd for the system prefs to also kick up an error, so I'm going to fresh install. Laos seems weird the built in keyboard and trackpad don't work at all, something must be off. I'll report back a little later (p.s thanks for the assistance)

all sorted, built a new stick with non case sensitive file system, got the mirror of the installer, and then did a fresh install.
All working now,if I have any post installation issues I'll start a new thread.
thanks for your help !

If you patched your DSDT improperly by choosing the wrong options, boot DSDT=null again and redo it, selecting the appropriate options for your hardware.

Thank, It worked! ;)

Depends. Most Atheros 9285 based cards have it. If you've used the ProBook Installer after you've made your OS X install (which installs a support kext for Atheros BT), you should have it fully operational. Do you have a BT icon in the System Preferences?

No.

No, no bluetooth device is being detected...i think it should have bluetooth, because i got the card from an old Toshiba nb200, and that had bluetooth on windows...

Regarding airdrop, i can´t seem to make it work between my probook and an iphone 5 :/

No, no bluetooth device is being detected...i think it should have bluetooth, because i got the card from an old Toshiba nb200, and that had bluetooth on windows...

Regarding airdrop, i can´t seem to make it work between my probook and an iphone 5 :/

Airdrop only works OS X - OS X, iOS - iOS, there is no connection between Airdrop on OS X and iOS.

Regarding Airdrop, i didn´t know that...that is dumb :/

Back to my Atheros card, i think it does not have bluetooth after all...windows 8.1 also does not detect it...

But i have a Conceptronic CBTU dongle, and Mavericks detected it - i now have the bluetooth preference pane, and the icon on statusbar...but it does not seem to work properly...no devices are detected when i try to send files, etc

Back