Contribute
Register

Guide to Installing Mavericks on HP Probook

It is a feature -- same on my MacBookAir6,2. Ctrl+PowerButton gives you the menu.

RM--is there a toggle somewhere to switch the behavior of the power button back to the way it worked in ML--not needing to use Control along with power button to get the restart--sleep--shut down menu?

thanks for your great work!

RM--is there a toggle somewhere to switch the behavior of the power button back to the way it worked in ML--not needing to use Control along with power button to get the restart--sleep--shut down menu?

thanks for your great work!

No. You would have to ask Apple for that toggle, as it is their decision. In the meantime, we all have to toggle our brain instead.

No. You would have to ask Apple for that toggle, as it is their decision. In the meantime, we all have to toggle our brain instead.

hate it when that happens--it's hell trying to teach this old dog new tricks!!

if the following is off topic i understand. let me know which forum to post it in.

i have another hack with an i3-2125, HD3000. the video is glitchy and "jumpy". googling reveals that as a common problem with HD3000/mavericks/hacks. you and all the other devs here have done a fantastic job in stabilizing the 4530s's graphics. are there some kexts i can try copying from the 4530 to the other machine to try to stabilize its graphics?

thanks again for all your hard work and patience!!

ken

hate it when that happens--it's hell trying to teach this old dog new tricks!!

if the following is off topic i understand. let me know which forum to post it in.

i have another hack with an i3-2125, HD3000. the video is glitchy and "jumpy". googling reveals that as a common problem with HD3000/mavericks/hacks. you and all the other devs here have done a fantastic job in stabilizing the 4530s's graphics. are there some kexts i can try copying from the 4530 to the other machine to try to stabilize its graphics?

thanks again for all your hard work and patience!!

ken

Better posted in "Mavericks Laptop Support"...

But the biggest thing we did for stabilizing the ProBook graphics (and the entire system, really), is to patch the DSDT that came with the laptop, not use DSDTs pre-patched from other machines.

i just finished installing Mavericks on my HP 4530s with an i7-2670QM processor. Other than having to remove and reinstall VirtualBox 4.3 to get my Win7 VM to work properly, the upgrade went smoothly. The only "anomaly" I see right now is that the lowest power state of my processor is now 11x instead of the normal 8x. Anybody have any ideas why this may be occurring? Otherwise, the CPU seems to be cycling normally through various p-states deep depending on load. FWIW, I see this behavior whether I use the new SSDT generated by Probook Installer after Mavericks installation, or the SSDT I generated under Mountain Lion.

Thanks,
-bth

With respect to this anomaly, I did notice that when I boot with DSDT=Null (did this after updating BIOS and wanting to generate a new DSDT), HW Monitor will show the 8x (800MHz) p-state. When I rebooted with the new DSDT, it reverted back to the behavior described above.

-bth

With respect to this anomaly, I did notice that when I boot with DSDT=Null (did this after updating BIOS and wanting to generate a new DSDT), HW Monitor will show the 8x (800MHz) p-state. When I rebooted with the new DSDT, it reverted back to the behavior described above.

-bth

This issue has already been beaten to death. HwMonitor is not very well behaved as far as CPU usage. HwMonitor's process of reading the sensors has CPU power management in OS X escalating the multiplier. There is a lot of things that turn off (ACPISensors.kext) within HwMonitor without a patched DSDT.

How can i remove blinkscreen? After a few days using, i realize that it's not necessary for me. :D

How can i remove blinkscreen? After a few days using, i realize that it's not necessary for me. :D

In terminal:
Code:
sudo rm -f /Library/LaunchAgents/org.rehabman.blinkscreen.plist

Thanks for the great guide RehabMan.
Works great on ProBook 4540s.

Stoplight indexing never stops I keep getting this in my error console: mdworker: (warning)
10/30/13 5:11:35.322 PM mdworker[6562]: (Warning) Import: Bad path
how to stop

Back