Contribute
Register

Guide to Installing Mavericks on HP Probook

Installed on a Prob0ok 4530s, i-3 2330M, Intel graphics, SSD Samsung Evo 120 gb, from the same usb-drive that i used before. Followed every step exactly as in the original post.

Problems i encountered: Sound, wi-fi, ethernet, memory card reader are not recognised. Also, ran the probook installer twice, just to make sure. Deactivated the default option in system setting so i could install software from anywhere.

Anyone has any ideas why?

It sounds like you didn't create a patched DSDT.

Card reader doesn't work until you put in a compatible card (the types of cards that are compatible are limited).

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Thank you for the quick answer.

I forgot to mention that this unit has the new bios update, released in august this year. I ran the probook installer exactly as in the tutorial, but the problem still stands.

Thank you for the quick answer.

I forgot to mention that this unit has the new bios update, released in august this year. I ran the probook installer exactly as in the tutorial, but the problem still stands.

You forgot to post ioreg. If you followed the instructions exactly, it would be working.

H, i try to boot UNIBEAST MAVERICKS pen drive.

When boot after selection of icons (UNIBEAST DRIVE, HD) , i see apple logo. after i view lines in vertical and white color in some page position. i try with options -IGPEnabler=NO -GraphicsEnabler=NO -x but nothing.
i HAVE A hp 6450b.
I post a photos of my screen.
Can you help me? image.jpeg:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:
thks in advance.

H, i try to boot UNIBEAST MAVERICKS pen drive.

When boot after selection of icons (UNIBEAST DRIVE, HD) , i see apple logo. after i view lines in vertical and white color in some page position. i try with options -IGPEnabler=NO -GraphicsEnabler=NO -x but nothing.
i HAVE A hp 6450b.
I post a photos of my screen.
Can you help me?View attachment 108321:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:
thks in advance.

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: Your model is NOT supported by this guide and the ProBook Installer.

Hi,

ok, i've updated.

System: HP ProBook 6450b
CPU: Intel Core i5 a 2.4 Ghz/M520
Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics, resolution 1366x768 64MB

Do you think i mount any Hackintoshing OS? I would like Mavericks, can you give me ideas? :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
Thks a lot.

Hello, I just received a i7 3610qm cpu to replace the i5 in my 8470p.I am able to boot using the USB key but probook installer systematically fails to generate a ssdt (f4 pressed at boot screen). I tried also on a 6470b, same result... Does anyone encoutered such an issue to generate ssdt with QM cpus?
Thanks for your help.

Hello, I just received a i7 3610qm cpu to replace the i5 in my 8470p.I am able to boot using the USB key but probook installer systematically fails to generate a ssdt (f4 pressed at boot screen). I tried also on a 6470b, same result... Does anyone encoutered such an issue to generate ssdt with QM cpus?
Thanks for your help.

If you used the Clover guide (pressing F4 implies it), you're posting in the wrong thread.

Post troubleshooting files. F4 is only for DSDT, not SSDT.

If you used the Clover guide (pressing F4 implies it), you're posting in the wrong thread.

Post troubleshooting files. F4 is only for DSDT, not SSDT.

Here is the t.files:
View attachment PBI_SSDTOnly_Fail_6470b_3610qm.zip

Looking at the logs, it seems the CPU string does not contains the model.
Here is an extract with a CPU for which SSDT generation worked fine:
System information: Mac OS X 10.9.4 (13E28)
Sep 7 16:41:54 OliouMac-4.local installd[459]: ./postinstall: Brandstring 'Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz'
Sep 7 16:41:54 OliouMac-4.local installd[459]: ./postinstall: Processor Declaration(s) Found in DSDTGenerating ssdt_pr.dsl for a MacBookPro9,2 [Mac-6F01561E16C75D06]

Here is the logs with the i7-3610QM:
System information: Mac OS X 10.9 (13A603)
Oct 21 04:43:56 admins-MacBook-Pro.local installd[803]: ./postinstall: Brandstring 'Genuine Intel(R) CPU @ 2.30GHz'
Oct 21 04:43:56 admins-MacBook-Pro.local installd[803]: ./postinstall: 
Oct 21 04:43:56 admins-MacBook-Pro.local installd[803]: ./postinstall: Error: Unknown processor model ...
Oct 21 04:43:56 admins-MacBook-Pro.local installd[803]: ./postinstall: Aborting ...
Oct 21 04:43:56 admins-MacBook-Pro.local installd[803]: ./postinstall: Done

I tried to use ssdtPRGen directly forcing the model to i7-3610QM, but it crashes during boot with the generated ssdt.aml...

Also, both laptops behave strangely with that CPU: they both boot fine, but if you reboot, you get a blank screen and capslock+numlock blinking 3 times (defective memory, according to HP)...

Back