Contribute
Register

Guide to Installing Lion on HP Probook

Just a few tips for noobs like me:

In step 2 to check whether your format has "an mbr partition map" Go to: disk utility, partition tab, select the number of partitions that you want, and under options you can set 'master boot record (set by default).

In step 3 make you sure you select the os you want to install AND click laptop support. In my case it was mountain lion.

Sounds like you're using the Lion guide in order to install Mountain Lion. You might want to visit the ML forum here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook/

In step 14, IF you're installing a dual-boot, Click chameleon otherwise you may get the same thing that happened to me: It wouldn't show the boot menu and kept going straight into windows.

Yes, you must install a bootloader as described in the guide.

Wat about installing mavericks. by the way i have intel hd graphics instead of hd 3000

No it does have HD graphics. even when i go to system information (win 7 ). my probook even has a usb 2.0 in place of a usb 3.0 and it is a probook 4530s

This forum is for 4530s but I couldn't find any specific topic for 4540s Lion users. I have Lion installed 4540s and some functions are not working. I have no WIFI and TRACKPAD. Trackpad is somehow recognized but it doesn't move the cursor, only right-click when I move my hand very rapidly. Cursor stays at the same position. Another problem is "Bluetooth Keyboard Setup" problem. I don't want that prompt what can I do?

Can you tell me which Probook Installer to use and which options to choose?

Thanks

This forum is for 4530s but I couldn't find any specific topic for 4540s Lion users. I have Lion installed 4540s and some functions are not working. I have no WIFI and TRACKPAD. Trackpad is somehow recognized but it doesn't move the cursor, only right-click when I move my hand very rapidly. Cursor stays at the same position. Another problem is "Bluetooth Keyboard Setup" problem. I don't want that prompt what can I do?

Thanks

Okey I saw that Lion is not supported by 4x40s. Is there any way to upgrade this to ML but not Mavericks. I couldn't install Mavericks as it got stuck at some point while booting.

Thanks

For trackpad, boot with "-f", then repair permissions & rebuild cache. Then shutdown and do EC reset: shutdown, remove all power sources, hold power button 30 sec, put everything back & restart.

For the BT problem, go into SysPrefs->Bluetooth->Advanced and uncheck the boxes.

For WiFi you need compatible WiFi hardware. Most 4540s come with AR9485 which is not supported and must be replaced.

Okey I saw that Lion is not supported by 4x40s. Is there any way to upgrade this to ML but not Mavericks. I couldn't install Mavericks as it got stuck at some point while booting.

All Mavericks/ML and Lion 10.7.5 are supported on the 4540s. For ML and Mavericks make sure you follow the Mavericks/ML guides, posted in their respective forums.

For trackpad, boot with "-f", then repair permissions & rebuild cache. Then shutdown and do EC reset: shutdown, remove all power sources, hold power button 30 sec, put everything back & restart.

For the BT problem, go into SysPrefs->Bluetooth->Advanced and uncheck the boxes.

For WiFi you need compatible WiFi hardware. Most 4540s come with AR9485 which is not supported and must be replaced.

Thanks for Bluetooth and Trackpad issues. They're solved. I also have no sound. What can I do to solve that?

Back