Contribute
Register

Guide to Installing Lion on HP Probook

Yesh I used 6.1.11. Here is the ioreg.

Looks ok, but AppleHDA must not be correct. Restore vanilla AppleHDA.kext then run the ProBook Installer again. Make sure you select the correct option for "OS X Support Kexts" and make sure your AppleHDA is vanilla before you do. The ProBook Installer cannot patch an already patched AppleHDA.

Looks ok, but AppleHDA must not be correct. Restore vanilla AppleHDA.kext then run the ProBook Installer again. Make sure you select the correct option for "OS X Support Kexts" and make sure your AppleHDA is vanilla before you do. The ProBook Installer cannot patch an already patched AppleHDA.

How can I restore vanilla AppleHDA.kext?

Also where can I find a list of the Hackintosh compatible wifi cards? Will AR5B97 work?

How can I restore vanilla AppleHDA.kext?

Assuming you ran the Probook Installer just after a fresh install and you didn't replace AppleHDA prior, the ProBook Installer creates backups in the 'Installer Backups' folder on your desktop.

Also where can I find a list of the Hackintosh compatible wifi cards? Will AR5B97 work?

AR5B97 will work, but AR5BHB92 is a better choice.

Full list here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html

Is it possible to run BCM943225HMB on 10.7.5? I have only BT working right now and no Wi-Fi

I'm not sure what's missing hence the post!! And I know clover as I keep reading makes it work for most but call me stupid or dumb I can't get my head around it but this is a marathon not a sprint race!??? Anyone got any water :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    825.1 KB · Views: 309
Think I did a boot that had more arguments than Christmas Day with my family :) WOW:banghead::banghead::thumbup::D

Think I did a boot that had more arguments than Christmas Day with my family :) WOW:banghead::banghead::thumbup::D

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Back