Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

So:
- With ssdt.aml, you can boot ok
- Without ssdt.aml, you can't boot even with the correct config.plist

Am I right?
I couldn't find a reply from the original poster on this problem, so I'll do it as I've had the same problem and used his solution:

Probook 4530s DualLink - it ran perfectly on 10.10.1
After update (and running the PBI CE v6.2.14) I had the distorted screen.
I added the mini SSDT (by Rehabman) to the patched directory on my USB flash drive.
I booted and had 1920x1080, but I had no sound. I ran PBI CE v6.2.15.1
Followed the routine to fix the 'no sound' problem and got sound back.
Bluetooth didn't work (it did work on 10.10.1) so installed the kext in PBI CE v6.2.15.1
Bluetooth sees another computer but not a keyboard.
USB3 seems to work, but I don't know if it works on full speed.

If you need more info, please let me know.

Regards,
Big

P.s. What would be the 'best' solution on a 4530s to have USB3, BT and WIFI working, either by installing mini USB adapters, taping antennas and/or replacing pci cards?
For example, will replacing the Atheros by a Azurewave AW-NB290H work? (I have one lying around gathering dust).

After update (and running the PBI CE v6.2.14) I had the distorted screen.
I added the mini SSDT (by Rehabman) to the patched directory on my USB flash drive.
I booted and had 1920x1080, but I had no sound. I ran PBI CE v6.2.15.1

The above indicates you didn't have a properly patched DSDT in place.

P.s. What would be the 'best' solution on a 4530s to have USB3, BT and WIFI working, either by installing mini USB adapters, taping antennas and/or replacing pci cards?
For example, will replacing the Atheros by a Azurewave AW-NB290H work? (I have one lying around gathering dust).

USB3 works on 4530s with the config.plist based patches to AppleUSBXCHI.kext (make sure GenericUSBXHCI.kext is not installed).

BT needs a BT firmware uploader. The kext depends on the hardware you have.

There is a WiFi whitelist implemented in the 4530s BIOS limiting your choice of WiFi cards.

I have got a 8460.

I would to ask if I can get this scenario in my laptop regarding on windows\mac OS x installations:

8460 with SSD in the main drive.
Replace the DVD by another HD (the original of the laptop). There is a thing that do this because a DVD Drive has got the same SATA connection.

Now, install Windows on the ssd drive and install the mac OS x con the second drive.

I think to install first the mac OS x on the second drive, and then, install the win7 con the ssd drive according the guide on the main post.

The point if that I need only mac OS x for few tasks, I need windows for work.

I have got a 8460.

I would to ask if I can get this scenario in my laptop regarding on windows\mac OS x installations:

8460 with SSD in the main drive.
Replace the DVD by another HD (the original of the laptop). There is a thing that do this because a DVD Drive has got the same SATA connection.

Now, install Windows on the ssd drive and install the mac OS x con the second drive.

I think to install first the mac OS x on the second drive, and then, install the win7 con the ssd drive according the guide on the main post.

The point if that I need only mac OS x for few tasks, I need windows for work.

You can do that, but you'll need to install Clover on the SSD (in the main tray). The BIOS can only boot automatically to the device installed at the main SATA connection.

Hello,
I did the update of PBICE, I did not have the personalized entries, I wanted to remake one and since I have only W8 proposed boot, impossible to boot OSX, we can remedy that has ?

EDIT 1 it's OK but i have no sound now
EDIT 2 it's OK with Kext Utility

Hello,
I did the update of PBICE, I did not have the personalized entries, I wanted to remake one and since I have only W8 proposed boot, impossible to boot OSX, we can remedy that has ?

EDIT 1 it's OK but i have no sound now
EDIT 2 it's OK with Kext Utility

Issue solved, I assume...

Thanks for everything. Just finished reading through all the wikis and info I could. Everything working great with exception of not getting my themes in 1080p. I tried everything possible and some... This is a lost cause correct? This is an HP bios thing correct?

Also, I put in an i7-2820QM. How do the more experienced users prefer to set speed stepping? Yes/No?
Does Clover do Turbo out of the box?

Thanks for everything. Just finished reading through all the wikis and info I could. Everything working great with exception of not getting my themes in 1080p. I tried everything possible and some... This is a lost cause correct? This is an HP bios thing correct?

Also, I put in an i7-2820QM. How do the more experienced users prefer to set speed stepping? Yes/No?
Does Clover do Turbo out of the box?

Themes 1080p? What are you referring to?

If you followed the guide, speedstep/turbo works...

Back