Contribute
Register

Guide To Install Yosemite on HP Laptops with Clover UEFI

Seems pretty clear to me:

There should probably be a note in the guide that suggests a BT firmware uploader (depending on hardware) since without one, Yosemite has issues...

Done! Thanks.

But now i'm experiencing a nasty problem. Only 2 / 4 usb ports seem to be working properly (1 x usb 2 and 1 x usb 3). The other two just keep disconnecting and reconnecting any device that's plugged in to them. Do you have any idea what could be the cause for this and possibly how to try and fix it?

///////////
UPDATE:
I installed the Atheros Bluetooth from HP ProBook Installer Clover Edition 6.2.15 and after rebooting all the usb ports seem to be working now and also the bluetooth. There has been some talking regarding the Atheros bluetooth driver causing sleep problems, but my sleep seems to be working better actually - it's very fast now!
///////////

Whoops :(. Now the problem with the two front USB's cutting off the device connection is back. Actually now i'm not sure whether bluetooth was correctly working, because i tested it just by pairing it with a smartphone, but now while it still finds the smartphone, i tried to connect to two bt speakers and it doesn't find them. I have an Atheros 9285 Wifi with Atheros AR3011 Bluetooth.
Do you have any guesses / suggestions what i could try fix the USB problem? The bluetooth is not necessary for me really. But what was weird is that i disabled the bluetooth from BIOS, but it did not have an effect on BT on OSX. Oh, but this must be because we are using UEFI instead of BIOS?
Fyi that before i noticed the problem was back, i did have one "random" reboot while i had a flash drive connected to the USB3 - don't know if they're associated.

(btw Nguyenmac, thanks for the edits you made to the instructions! But in referral to the bluetooth: the USB3-port does not have the problem, but it's the two front USB2 ports!)

///////////
UPDATE:
I got the USB / BT problem solved now! I ordered a wifi card without bt and rebranded it so that my bios accepts it (HP's whitelist doesn't allow but a few cards) and now everything working great! Here's a better report of what i did (and how to do the rebranding): http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook/115110-rebranding-atheros-928x-cards-guide-15.html#post985523
Thanks a lot guys for this guide and your help!
///////////

Whoops :(. Now the problem with the two front USB's cutting off the device connection is back. Actually now i'm not sure whether bluetooth was correctly working, because i tested it just by pairing it with a smartphone, but now while it still finds the smartphone, i tried to connect to two bt speakers and it doesn't find them. I have an Atheros 9285 Wifi with Atheros AR3011 Bluetooth.
Do you have any guesses / suggestions what i could try fix the USB problem? The bluetooth is not necessary for me really. But what was weird is that i disabled the bluetooth from BIOS, but it did not have an effect on BT on OSX. Oh, but this must be because we are using UEFI instead of BIOS?
Fyi that before i noticed the problem was back, i did have one "random" reboot while i had a flash drive connected to the USB3 - don't know if they're associated.

Don't disable it from BIOS. If you want to disable BT, tape the pins for it on the card (use search to find). Or install a WiFi card without BT.

AR3011 is poor. Don't expect too much from it.

(btw Nguyenmac, thanks for the edits you made to the instructions! But in referral to the bluetooth: the USB3-port does not have the problem, but it's the two front USB2 ports!)

Will depend on the specific laptop.

sorry.. double post.. please delete... Thx

Last edited:
Great guide and many thanks for posting it.

Having a bit of trouble with my 4530s and nothing helps.. I just upgraded my screen to a 1080P and it works great in windows 2012 r2..

I am trying a fresh first time install... config specs in sig.. Used this guide and also tried all repomans files and compiled my own with grower too with no joy on any.
Boot flags all in place. Tried endless combinations or setting... nada.

I always end up with THIS directly after the Apple load bar or verbose sections... Anyone else experience this?
It seems like the Apple installation Movie runs but it just a black screen that transitions to white then this mess...( I can post a video if need be). The mess in the picture is in motion. Like turning a over the air TV to a static channel...
IMG_3637.jpg

:banghead:

Anyone see anything like this before?

Great guide and many thanks for posting it.

Having a bit of trouble with my 4530s and nothing helps.. I just upgraded my screen to a 1080P and it works great in windows 2012 r2..

I am trying a fresh first time install... config specs in sig.. Used this guide and also tried all repomans files and compiled my own with grower too with no joy on any.
Boot flags all in place. Tried endless combinations or setting... nada.

Post EFI folder from USB.

Found the problem and fixed it. No problems with settings at all.

I had to grab your mini-SSDT-dualLink.aml file and place it under /clover/.../patched on my USB. Renamed to ssdt.aml.

Now it boots perfect. No issues and I'm in the installer in 1080p formatting my ssd as we speak...
thanks.

Last edited:

I had to grab your mini-SSDT-dualLink.aml file and place it under /clover/./patched on my USB. Renamed to ssdt.aml.

Now it boots perfect. No issues and I'm in the installer in 1080p formatting my ssd as we speak..

Instead of using mini-SSDT-dualLink.aml you just need to use the correct config.plist for your new resolution....

I had to grab your mini-SSDT-dualLink.aml file and place it under /clover/./patched on my USB. Renamed to ssdt.aml.

Now it boots perfect. No issues and I'm in the installer in 1080p formatting my ssd as we speak..

It is easier to follow the guide as written and use the correct config.plist.

I did use the correct one with no joy.. HD3000 for high res.. didn't do anything.. still was having the issue...

Back